Author Topic: Minecraft or Terraria?  (Read 3554 times)

They really need to update Terraria a lot.
1.0.4 is coming out, it includes bunnies and social costumes.

minecraft for me is better.
I used to always have 5 steps to "Beat" Minecraft:
1. Make atleast 5 good things (Done)
2. Go to nether. (Done)
3. get diamond everything (What i mean is tools and the block (Done))
4. Don't die for 10 Minecraft days (Done)
5. Get every possible material there is (Done)
Terraria, seems like theres only like 3 things, Like, Get everything possible, go to a server with every good thing there is and kill every new person, and kill all of the bosses.

ZB

Minecraft was a shameless ripoff of Infiniminer with some sandbox elements thrown in and all the gameplay taken out. It wasn't until alpha that Minecraft had anything redeemable about it to call it an actual game.

Key word: was. Minecraft now has so much more stuff than infiniminer I can't even count it all. Above ground terrains, flora and fauna, crafting, you name it.

Key word: was. Minecraft now has so much more stuff than infiniminer I can't even count it all. Above ground terrains, flora and fauna, crafting, you name it.

OH stuff! FLORA AND FAUNA?

Seriously though, I've had Minecraft forever, after the first week or so it gets boring enough that you have to tap into the modding community to get anything out of it. I haven't really played it in a while now, and now I find it kind of funny that the size of my combined mods was more than the actual game.

Terraria wins out hands-down in every aspect of combat, but it comes at the sacrifice of the intricate builds made possible in a 3D world like Minecraft. Again, Terraria is a sandbox action-RPG, Minecraft is a 3D sandbox building game.

Also Terraria v1.04 sounds like it's going to kick ass, customizable armor ftw

Terraria... eh.

I see like maybe 10-15 people playing that all the time on Steam and honestly I don't care about it.  It looks like another platformer game.

I'm still having fun with Minecraft, though.  I'm staying a bit away from multiplayer though because generally other people tend to forget up your stuff even with protection mods.

I see what you mean Stocking, but the game is still in development. Of course you'll get bored. The same can be said of Terraria, in my opinion.

Terraria... eh.

I see like maybe 10-15 people playing that all the time on Steam and honestly I don't care about it.  It looks like another platformer game.
I agree. I even played it a bit, but it doesn't seem like something that would last me a while.
If it was free, it would be a lot better.

minecraft for me is better.
I used to always have 5 steps to "Beat" Minecraft:
1. Make at least 5 good things (Done)
2. Go to nether. (Done)
3. get diamond everything (What i mean is tools and the block (Done))
4. Don't die for 10 Minecraft days (Done)
5. Get every possible material there is (Done)
Terraria, seems like theres only like 3 things, Like, Get everything possible, go to a server with every good thing there is and kill every new person, and kill all of the bosses.

Go to underground jungle.
Go to hellworld (that's its name, right?)
Get everyone to move in.
Make a set of every armor in the game.
Fight all 3 bosses at once and survive.
make a castle/mansion.

I could come up with a longer list but this is enough.
I still like minecraft, tough.