Author Topic: Is it right that cucumberdude did this?  (Read 2957 times)

Funny thing is you told the whole forums of the trick now.
More ban incoming! ;P

No seriously, the trick is cheap.
But a 5 day ban...
I don't know if that is a good measure.

I say it is the right punishment.

It's the right punishment.

You're ruining the server.

No seriously, the trick is cheap.
But a 5 day ban...
I don't know if that is a good measure.

It's a deterrent. On Trouble in Terrorist Town on Garry's Mod, it's a permanent ban on the first offense on almost any server to tell someone who the traitors are after you've been killed. I think it should've been permanent, because it's a deterrent for the other people who don't tell the admin they've been cheating and continue to do it. It ruins the game, and the players that do that shouldn't be allowed to play with everyone else.

5 days is extremely lenient.

5 days? Hahah. That's much better than the usual perma ban 80% of the time. It's his server, and he can ban you for however long he pleases. You can try to PM him or something, but most likely he won't unban you in the meantime. Serve the 5 days. There are hundreds of other servers lol, it's not like you got banned from joining every server.
And that's why I disliked Roblox.
No really, doing something stupid in one server usually gets you banned from the whole site, even the forums.

That, and isn't it still really easy to cheat and not get caught?
I mean, this guy apparently only got "caught" because he shouted it out in the server.

I hate how people use IRC as a verb.

"IRC ME!!1!11!1"

"IRC ME!!1!11!1"
It's a fine thing to do.
Though I like my invented verbs to at least be pronouncable.

"IRC ME!!1!11!1"
I don't understand the problem with this.

I was on cucumberdude's murder mystery server, and i thought that it would be a good strategy to IRC someone else if you died and saw who killed you. when i mentioned it on chat, he banned me for 7200 minutes. I did the math, and that's over 5 days.
I admit it's cheating, but i've done it before. and is this really the right punishment?
1. It's metagaming. It's a game breaking thing.

2. 5 days seems inappropriate. I would have permabanned you.

3. Yes, it is. Cucumberdude should have just permabanned you.

What you did ruined the fun for everyone else. I think you deserve it.

I'm pretty sure that your reason for IRC-ing the answer would be that *DEAD* CHAT was enabled, right?

So isn't it common sense to not use IRC as a back-up chat?

Besides, you were seriously trying to ruin the point of the server. 5 days should give you time to think about it, and maybe consider the *last* result before you try it again.