Author Topic: .dts not exporting correctly  (Read 2291 times)

this is my first time coming across, or even hearing of, this problem. I created a model in milkshape, right? well, using both the original .dts exporter and the new .dts exporter, when i exported the shape to a .dts format then saved the .dts format in my BL Add-Ons folder, along with all of its texture files in the same folder, only part of my model apears in the torque constructor or BL. Why is that? its not an interior or anything, its just a weapon.

this is my first time coming across, or even hearing of, this problem. I created a model in milkshape, right? well, using both the original .dts exporter and the new .dts exporter, when i exported the shape to a .dts format then saved the .dts format in my BL Add-Ons folder, along with all of its texture files in the same folder, only part of my model apears in the torque constructor or BL. Why is that? its not an interior or anything, its just a weapon.
part of the model might be negitive
this happens if you make only have the gun and copy/paste wrong

hmm....dont quit understand what you mean past the negative part. but i will recheck my model for inverted faces. thanks for the help...ill post back if it did or didnt fix the problem

i found a couple of inverted (negative) faces, and corrected them. but still, the weapon is still only showing one part of it. if you want, grand theif, i can send you a copy of the savefile via aim. hopefully you might be able to identify the problem.

could a 'hole' in my model cause this problem? i found a small hole, but i never thought much of it before because ive made countless models before with 'holes' similar to these that worked. anyone? dont just ignore this post...

I have this same problem and I have not found a way to fix it.
But my Model has animation and its an import .3ds.

ok...the part of the model that isnt showing has to be not showing for some reason other than some negative faces that i hvent noticed. There may be a few, very small negative faces here and there, but the 90% majority of the model just wont show. in f11, theres a parameter box that accurately surrounds where the whole model should be tho. This isnt my model, but it is a good brown townogy: lets say i were making a hand where the fingers were all identical --> only one finger shows, while everything else doesnt show.          bump.

Noes 1 Day bump you fail! jk

Has this model got animation or does it have any textures applyed to it, you may have turn the Transparency on.

hmm....its not animated, but it does have textures. the texture pic files are all 256x256 JPEG images, and ill try the invisible thing. i do know what youre talking about with the transparency, ive been through that problem before. thanks again.