Author Topic: Just dropping by for a friend.  (Read 878 times)

My friends started GFX designing and hes making some pretty cool stuff.
He will make you a youtube background for a sub and he needs some support.
If anyone can help him out by putting him in your sub box that would be great.
http://www.youtube.com/user/DreamingGFX?feature=mhee

Lol random woman in clouds.

i commented. twice.

The background in the video was meh.

As for the one he's using there's some balance issues, the text doesn't blend well, and the random woman (hue) is poorly cropped and blended. Overall it looks nice though for the general layout but could use some major work.

As for the one he's using there's some balance issues, the text doesn't blend well, and the random woman (hue) is poorly cropped and blended. Overall it looks nice though for the general layout but could use some major work.
I made him add the woman. He used a very tiny picture that was blurry when resized and the feet were missing. He smudged it to make it look like a dream.
Anddd, he doesnt have much text to use since he can't aford Cinema4d. Please dont be too harsh he just started this week and has made a few backgrounds that tons of people have liked. Shall I post more of his work?

I made him add the woman. He used a very tiny picture that was blurry when resized and the feet were missing. He smudged it to make it look like a dream.

Then why add it? Or look for another picture?

Anddd, he doesnt have much text to use since he can't aford Cinema4d.

You can just download some 2D fonts. 3D fonts look awkward against a 2D image anyways.

http://www.dafont.com/

Good site for fonts. ^^^

Please dont be too harsh he just started this week and has made a few backgrounds that tons of people have liked.

I never said his work was bad, I just said it could use improvement. Would you rather me lie than help fix his mistakes? In fact he's pretty damn good for only doing this for a week. I've been taking a Graphic Design class as part of my Video Game Design course and I thought I'd put in some tips I learned.

Shall I post more of his work?

Sure.

Then why add it? Or look for another picture?

You can just download some 2D fonts. 3D fonts look awkward against a 2D image anyways.

http://www.dafont.com/

Good site for fonts. ^^^

I never said his work was bad, I just said it could use improvement. Would you rather me lie than help fix his mistakes? In fact he's pretty damn good for only doing this for a week. I've been taking a Graphic Design class as part of my Video Game Design course and I thought I'd put in some tips I learned.

Sure.
Ill get some of his work in a little bit. He's about to post another video. I sent you a pm Keo. This next video being uploaded he said he was dissapointed.

you might want to advise him that the background doesn't cover the whole page, I have white on the sides and bottom, tell him to use a bigger image or something.

Matters on what your screen size is, he best be create about it or I won't really consider asking.
Not that I would, but If I would I wouldn't.

you might want to advise him that the background doesn't cover the whole page, I have white on the sides and bottom, tell him to use a bigger image or something.
You have a different screen resoulution sir.

Matters on what your screen size is, he best be create about it or I won't really consider asking.
What?

What?

He needs to get creative about the screen resolution compromising the edges of his fancy artwork.
That's what designers are, problem solving is part of the job.

He needs to get creative about the screen resolution compromising the edges of his fancy artwork.
That's what designers are, problem solving is part of the job.
Ok, that was just for his channel.

Says the one who never completes projects  :cookieMonster: