Author Topic: Blender Polygon Toolkit  (Read 3928 times)

This will be of no use for a beginner modeler. It is for people who are familiar with the more advanced aligning and snapping methods of Blender and are obsessed with making their models mathematically perfect and symmetrical and whatnot. The kit includes a digon, triangle, rectangle, pentagon, hexagon and an octagon. The most common polygons used in low poly modeling. All polygons are two dimensional with no faces. If you find an error or wish to see another polygon in the kit let me know.

The useful part is that there is a vertex in each intersection of edges pictured below. The vertex positions on the intersections are mathematically absolute.

Polygon_Toolkit.blend
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 04:47:52 PM by Demian »

Works with Blender 2.57?

It was made in Blender 2.57 and as far as I know the save file should be compatible with all versions of Blender 2.4 as well as 2.5.

Works with Blender 2.57?
Its a .blend file...
And i am soo downloading this, Thanks Demian!

So what are the use of these besides making the Star of David?

making a 3D Star of David

That's interesting.
But why did you have to include all the innards?
Why can't it just be a pentagon?
Also I'm not trying to be sarcastic or demeaning, I'm asking a serious question.

That's interesting.
But why did you have to include all the innards?
Why can't it just be a pentagon?
Also I'm not trying to be sarcastic or demeaning, I'm asking a serious question.
So you can align things with these edges and also because there is a vertex in each intersections. That's the main idea.

Oh god,

The usefullness

Oh god.