Author Topic: Weapon help  (Read 4810 times)

I Need a few questions answering, as i have decided to make a weapon from scratch instead of copying and pasting bit from other weapons so i learn more.

What does each of these do?:

Code: [Select]
   dragCoefficient      = ;
   gravityCoefficient   = ;
   inheritedVelFactor   = ;
   constantAcceleration = ;
   lifetimeMS           = ;
   lifetimeVarianceMS   = ;

Is there anywhere i can get good particles without making them or using ones that are already there?

How does each of the numbers here affect the colour? is it RGB?

colors[0]   ="0 0 0 0";
If anyone can help me with the Blender DTS Exporter i would muchly apreciate it, i also need help with adding multiple colours to models with Blender. I also need help with Exporting/Importing My Bledner model to Milkshake so i can add the Mountpoints.

All help will be apreciated.

dragCoefficient is the ammount of drag each particle has, for example if it was 1, the particle would gently lose velocity and eventually just sit there.

gravityCoefficient is how much gravity has an effect on particles, 1.0 will just pull them down to the ground, -1.0 will make them fly up.

inheritedVelFactor is how much the particle will inherit the velocity of its emitter.

constantAcceleration is basically the acceleration that the particle will always maintain.

lifetimeMS is the lifetime of the particle in miliseconds. 1000ms = one second.

lifetimeVarianceMS = the extent of the variation of the liftime of the particle in miliseconds.

the colors are done in the format RGBA, as in Red, Green, Blue and Alpha.

Thank you, Thats most of my querys answered, Just one more thing about the colours, how does Alpha affect the colour?

Edit: Someone told me what Alpha is on RTB Forums so now i just need To know where i can get good particles without making them or using ones already there and get some Blender help (I google for some tutorials but they were a bit confusing).

Edit2: Another Question, What does this do to the particles?

ejectionPeriodMS = ;
   periodVarianceMS = ;
   ejectionVelocity = ;
   velocityVariance = ;
   ejectionOffset = ;
   thetaMin         = ;
   thetaMax         = ;

Edit3: Randy Fixed this for me ^^.

Edit4: How do i make the trail of particles disapear after they have hit something because at the momment the particles just keep on falling and slowly disapear but i want it to hit something then disapear. Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 12:25:04 PM by MrPickel »

Sorry but Bump,

All i really need help with is making the particles disapear after hitting something ill google the blender stuff.

alpha is the transparency of the particle.

Is it the higher the number the more opace or transparent it is?

i don't really know. i haven't experimented enough.

I Dont really need my particles to be transparent anyways, Actually if i make the second lot of particles transparent then you might not see the trail falling down. Thanks for making me think of that monty ^^.

Didnt Work =[.

Got it working just changed the LifeTimeMS, Thanks Monty. Now to move onto my next weapon.

Before i move on i want to get my weapon to set the person alight like Ephi's Flamethrower would i just copy + paste the function to do so, I wont do it if you dont want me using the code Ephi.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 02:03:52 PM by MrPickel »

Sorry for double post,

But how would i slowdown the rate of fire?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:32:39 AM by MrPickel »

// Initial start up state
stateName[0]                     = "Activate";
stateTimeoutValue[0]             = 0.15;
stateTransitionOnTimeout[0]       = "Ready";
stateSound[0] = weaponSwitchSound;

stateName[1]                     = "Ready";
stateTransitionOnTriggerDown[1]  = "Fire";
stateAllowImageChange[1]         = true;
stateSequence[1] = "Ready";

stateName[2]                    = "Fire";
stateTransitionOnTimeout[2]     = "Smoke";
stateTimeoutValue[2]            = 0.14;
stateFire[2]                    = true;
stateAllowImageChange[2]        = false;
stateSequence[2]                = "Fire";
stateScript[2]                  = "onFire";
stateWaitForTimeout[2] = true;
stateEmitter[2] = deagleFlashEmitter;
stateEmitterTime[2] = 0.05;
stateEmitterNode[2] = "muzzleNode";
stateSound[2] = deagleShot1Sound;
stateEjectShell[2]       = true;

stateName[3] = "Smoke";
stateEmitter[3] = deagleSmokeEmitter;
stateEmitterTime[3] = 0.05;
stateEmitterNode[3] = "muzzleNode";
stateTimeoutValue[3]            = 0.01;
stateTransitionOnTimeout[3]     = "Reload";

stateName[4] = "Reload";
stateSequence[4]                = "Reload";
stateTransitionOnTriggerUp[4]     = "Ready";
stateSequence[4] = "Ready";
where it says like    "stateTimeoutValue[2]            = 0.14;"
it'll add a 0.14 second delay.
if you were to put it to 1000.00 it would add a 1000 second delay and make the weapon annoying to use.

Thanks Monty have a  :cookie:, Is there a way to make it so that the weapons explosion explodes because at the momment my explosion just apears like bang its there, i want it to explode out of where the particle hits, a bit like the remote bomb when you press the button all the particles come streaming out of the bomb.

dragCoefficient      = 8;
gravityCoefficient   = -0.5;
inheritedVelFactor   = 0.2;
constantAcceleration = 0.0;
lifetimeMS           = 700;
lifetimeVarianceMS   = 400;
textureName          = "base/data/particles/cloud";
spinSpeed = 10.0;
spinRandomMin = -50.0;
spinRandomMax = 50.0;
colors[0]     = "0.9 0.9 0.6 0.9";
colors[1]     = "0.9 0.5 0.6 0.0";
sizes[0]      = 0.25;
sizes[1]      = 1.0;

the lifetimeMS is also in explosions and affects how long it explodes for. Set this to a higher number to prolong the life of the explosion.

Hmm you dont seem to get me, It dosent explode when it hits something it just goes splat and the particles apear. Ill make a video.

Ugh i hate youtube... Ill just keep it as it is for now and just mess with stuff.

I need more styles of wands and how they would fire i want to get 4 and i've made 2 just waiting for a model and then i need to test them (ill have to get someone to host a server for me) So if you have 2 ideas for a wand tell me i currently have: (i dont want to do a water one thats more of a hose lol).

Fire Wand
Mana Wand
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 01:00:47 PM by MrPickel »

I need 2 more ideas for types of wand, im not doing water wand ive done Fire and Mana ohh imma do a dark and light wand =] so i dont need any suggestions

I need help with getting the persons arm to shake when you fire (could someone post there sword.cs i deleted mine)

Sorry for double post.

What Numbers make the Partilce Black 0 0 0 and 0 0 0 0 and 0 0 0 1 all make it invisible.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 09:33:14 AM by MrPickel »