Author Topic: Macro / Flat / Invisible Brick Bug  (Read 2020 times)

I don't know where else to put this, but I was on a server making a wall, and I made a macro to make the tip. (screen below)
I was about halfway when I froze for a second. My ghost brick then had the texture of a slope, and stayed that way until trying to step on it. It then turned invisible. The 2x2 piece had turning 2d flat, and above it there was an invisible 2x2 slope. I did not know this until I had tryed to wand it. I crashed.

Has this been done before? Or does Badspot already know about this?

i think that happened to me before but it was diffrent.
i was placing bricks and stuff and all of a sudden, when i look back the bricks fall apart! PICS

That's weird, maybe its just lag or something, but I'd be happier if Badspot could reply that its 'on the list' or something...

Badspot

• Administrator
The invisible bricks are caused by the brick position being transmitted incorrectly.  There are multiple causes for this, some of which are fixed, some of which I am still looking for. 

The bricks "falling apart" I think is caused by some sort of memory corruption.  I've fixed some things that I think may be responsible, but it is difficult to verify because I can't repeat the problem consistently.  I've only even seen it a few times.   

Ive tried to duplicate what I did, but I guess there has to be the 'perfect' conditions for these things to occur. But since it is so rare, it's not that big of a problem until it happens more consistently...

The invisible bricks are caused by the brick position being transmitted incorrectly.  There are multiple causes for this, some of which are fixed, some of which I am still looking for. 

The bricks "falling apart" I think is caused by some sort of memory corruption.  I've fixed some things that I think may be responsible, but it is difficult to verify because I can't repeat the problem consistently.  I've only even seen it a few times.   

Badspot's on the job!

*cue epic music and a stop motion video of Badspot running flamboyantly.

I will contact YTMND about that...

We need Badspot image macros.