Author Topic: Autumn Pond crashing  (Read 1221 times)

I have Autumn Pond Map, When I host the map it crashes the game. No error message, just the windows error that says Blockland.exe needs to close-Send-Don't send-etc. Also a debug option, this option does not seem to help. I asked around in the server to see if anyone else had the same problem when they ran the map. And no one seems to have the same problem.  Any Ideas would be great or anywhere to look as a reference to why this crashed.

Improper installation might cause this, I'm not really sure.

Installation of the game or the map? thank you for resoponding too

You might just want to re-download and clean up your BL folder,try it and see how it runs

I have Autumn Pond Map, When I host the map it crashes the game. No error message, just the windows error that says Blockland.exe needs to close-Send-Don't send-etc. Also a debug option, this option does not seem to help. I asked around in the server to see if anyone else had the same problem when they ran the map. And no one seems to have the same problem.  Any Ideas would be great or anywhere to look as a reference to why this crashed.

Check your console. Open your Blockland folder and find Console.txt, and open it, and look towards the bottom. If you're missing a lot of images and other assorted things, you had the same problem I had when I downloaded it for RTB. It, for some reason, deletes all the Autumn Pond files that you downloaded as soon as you go to host a server, and then crashes because of it. I still have no idea what happened.

I ran Autumn pond again to crash it and check the log. I'm not to good at reading these but i did take a look  towards the time of the crash and noticed these:

Could not locate texture: base/data/missions/default.png
Could not locate texture: base/data/missions/default.png
Could not locate texture: base/data/terrains/pond/autumn/snail/*ambient

I don't know if they have anything to do with it or not. If someone wouldn't mind takin a min to look over the txt attachment i would give you cookies. right?  srry still learning
---------------------------------------update
I reinstalled autumn pond directly to my blockland folder and everything went smoothly. Yet the game still crashes. I ran BL with my save and w/o to see if it might be a corrupt save file. But still crashes w/o loading bricks I've added a second and final console.txt file from after i have reinstalled the map if anybody cares to take a look. After this I'll just move on, haha. Also is there a way i might be able to get these specific missing files from someone? ty

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:04:30 PM by joebus »

Re-download the newest map of Autumn Pond.

I don't have this error, too