Author Topic: Checkpoints that save when you leave the server?  (Read 1125 times)

What events are used to create a save function for checkpoints so you can leave the server then come back and load your previous checkpoint, like on Skill4Life's manly challenge? I think it's something in VCE but I'm not sure.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=74017.0

i'm not quite sure if S4L used those, I believe he used a script of some sort, but this works just as well

When i did that, i used VCE.
Each checkpoint had a name. The level one checkpoint had no name because that would be pointless lol. the level two checkpoint would be named 'Checkpoint_LvlTwo' because for some reason numbers forget up for me.
the save button would basically set the variable 'PlayerCheckpoint' to 2, and then save it. the load button would check if your PlayerCheckpoint variable is 2. If true, it'd setplayertransform you to Checkpoint_LvlTwo. If false, it'd check if PlayerCheckpoint is level 3, if true, that, if true, this. and so on and so on.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=74017.0

i'm not quite sure if S4L used those, I believe he used a script of some sort, but this works just as well

This is for V4 variables, VCE has a save/load feature in it.

S4L could you write down all the events because i tried: onActivate|Self|VCE_loadVariable|Player_____

Then on the checkpoint I did:
OnPlayerTouch|Client|saveVariable|Player1

The checkpoint is also called "1"

S4L could you write down all the events because i tried: onActivate|Self|VCE_loadVariable|Player_____

Then on the checkpoint I did:
OnPlayerTouch|Client|saveVariable|Player1

The checkpoint is also called "1"
the onplayertouch event leads to client, on the loadvariable you did player...

the onplayertouch event leads to client, on the loadvariable you did player...
Client refers to the client of the player, so it works out that way.

And thanks Skill, I'll be using that same method if you don't mind. It's much better than putting in passwords and trusting players not to tell everyone the passwords.

Skill, can you explain the "set the variable 'PlayerCheckpoint' to 2, and then save it" part? I'm not really familiar with VCE.

Never mind that, I figured it out.

I've done something very similar to this before. In bot events, there is an event to teleport bots to a string. I set a clients saved location "Checkpoint_1" for example, and have the brick named the same thing, then just have them teleport to the variable replacer.

What about the checkpoint brick?

What about the checkpoint brick?
Doesn't save when you leave the server