Author Topic: Event Camera - Now in colour!  (Read 3242 times)

After telling somebody to make a working camera on a 'Bored what to do' topic i decided why not make one.

A full scale replica of the titanic
A working camera

Its not perfect by any means, nor is it a 'Build' just meerly a concept. I have to go now so i cant upload a video so instead just have a gif of it working.

Vid finally up with explanation of the event aswell as one of my other events thrown in at the end :S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiMIOFIIrkA

Update:
New colour version is up and running, Thanks to General (ID: 4878) who made a custom script for it!

Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBGHi5YiWxE

Rate if you want (although i don't really see the point :S).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:52:35 AM by Gambsy »

So the black thing is like film or something?

So the black thing is like film or something?

the 'black thing' is effectivly the cameras screen, the house is infront of the camera and the gif shows the stages of the image been made, will go into detail tommrow.

OH I see, so if you took a picture of, say, a house as built by the unimaginative newbies plaguing our community, it would show up as a box?
Interesting. How does it work? Is it always a solid silhouette or does it register spaces?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 09:55:30 PM by Man 2 »

OH I see, so if you took a picture of, say, a house as built by the unimaginative people plaguing our community, it would show up as a box?
Interesting. How does it work?
Wat? Its the demo house on a huge pixel camera.

amidoinitrite This is a very interesting concept.

also that frame of black was unintentional :o

I'd very much like to see this in action; is your server up?

I tired to do this, but it didn't work for some reason.

In screenshots, this would be a very easy thing to fake; I am surprised nobody has accused Mr. Gambsy of doing just that. I believe it is real, but still.
My only complaint is that it is a tad impractical. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose other than to make a silhouette on a sheet of plate bricks.

In screenshots, this would be a very easy thing to fake; I am surprised nobody has accused Mr. Gambsy of doing just that. I believe it is real, but still.
I did it with a wall of 1x1s that would send relays up and down the columns to spawn bullets toward the other side, where I put a wall of black 1x1s that turn white on projectile hit. It's not that complicated, and not worth faking.

I did it with a wall of 1x1s that would send relays up and down the columns to spawn bullets toward the other side, where I put a wall of black 1x1s that turn white on projectile hit. It's not that complicated, and not worth faking.
Interesting. Never would have thought of that.

Interesting. Never would have thought of that.
you don't think very clearly then.

you don't think very clearly then.
Damn straight :D