Author Topic: 2 milkshape questions  (Read 2034 times)

1. I have a model that i made it 3ds max, i export it as a .3DS (preserving textures) then i import it into Milkshape. It still has the textures on it but when i export it to .dts and then run it in BL i get the ugly shiny texture. Is there something i'm doing wrong when exporting?

2. Sometimes, i will import a model into MS from 3ds Max and it will be in a weird place, so i want to move it. Well when i select everything there is 1 vertex that i cant select and it stretches part of the mesh when i move every thing else. What is this?

1- You need to use textures placed in add-ons/shapes/ and load them onto a material in milkshape, and then assign that material to objects you want to have the loaded texture on, as blockland can't use milkshape/3ds created textures, it will just use the materials as a reference to where to place textures and colors from add-ons/shapes/.

2- That happens, select all vertexes and switch to selecting faces to select the bugged one, just click on a face that includes that vertex as one of it's corners.

1- you also need to make sure the textures have the right sizes. e.g. 256x256 128x256