Author Topic: Force player to download sertain file  (Read 3201 times)

Well, opening a browser on a low end computer you don't care about takes more than a minute loading up everything and downloading... :panda:

Can't you upload them on RTB in some special way? I'm not versed in the special things of RTB's Add-On system, but I thought... something like that. Probably not right for this, but maybe in the future. Maybe RTB could have a comprehensive GUI downloader where it is uploaded on their servers and pre-approved for uses more than the regular GUI downloader allows... That way, stream-lined.

Well, opening a browser on a low end computer you don't care about takes more than a minute loading up everything and downloading... :panda:
If it takes long to open a browser then I don't see how playing on a server (where anyone can build) can run any more smoothly.
Can't you upload them on RTB in some special way? I'm not versed in the special things of RTB's Add-On system, but I thought... something like that. Probably not right for this, but maybe in the future. Maybe RTB could have a comprehensive GUI downloader where it is uploaded on their servers and pre-approved for uses more than the regular GUI downloader allows... That way, stream-lined.
Nothing of the sort exists aside from the really terrible GUI downloader which doesn't let you do much at all.
The reason the client add-on wasn't uploaded to RTB was that it was constantly being updated at one point. People would have to wait a day to be able to play after an update if it were on RTB.

If it takes long to open a browser then I don't see how playing on a server (where anyone can build) can run any more smoothly.

Nothing of the sort exists aside from the really terrible GUI downloader which doesn't let you do much at all.
The reason the client add-on wasn't uploaded to RTB was that it was constantly being updated at one point. People would have to wait a day to be able to play after an update if it were on RTB.

Yes, it doesn't usually run smoothly. And what I was trying to explain was perhaps RTB could introduce a way for the GUI Downloader to bring in more complex GUIs than the normal ones allowed via their own servers, since those would be approved safe. I understand it'd take a while up upload, but it'd be less of a hassle. You could upload it directly as well, while having the streamlined upload elsewhere. Fine if you don't want misinformed noobs, but it's still disruption. You understand that, and I'm just trying to make sure you understand it might be a problem for some. I'm sorry for this trouble.

Fine if you don't want misinformed noobs, but it's still disruption. You understand that, and I'm just trying to make sure you understand it might be a problem for some. I'm sorry for this trouble.
It's a disruption for one person instead of many.

Think about the numbers.

It's a disruption for one person instead of many.

Think about the numbers.

You know it isn't just me. I'm just the only one knowing who to tell.

You know it isn't just me. I'm just the only one knowing who to tell.
You're the only one caring to tell because you're having a fit over not being able to join a server that a friend is in.

You're the only one caring to tell because you're having a fit over not being able to join a server that a friend is in.

I can tell you understand and only wish to guard your standpoint where as otherwise having to revise your carefully built system. Fine, be that way.

I can tell you understand and only wish to guard your standpoint where as otherwise having to revise your carefully built system. Fine, be that way.
And how do you suggest it be revised?
There is no good GUI downloader and if I make one, no one is going to download it to download a GUI.
I'm not going to let people in without it.