Author Topic: How about a good ol' fahsioned contest?  (Read 1059 times)

Alright fellow block makers or whatever :cookieMonster: . I think im going to make a blockland contest. correct me if im wrong but i think this is in the right section, badspot... feel free to move it, anyways, i think ill host a contest, im not sure how, but basicly i wanna co make a map with one luckky kid, but you have to win to make it, im not sure what you guys will contest on, sooo, anyone have any suggestions? im thinking mabye you guys build (with bricks) the best thing you can, and we might be able to replecate it as a map. leave a suggestion below, and we will start this contest asap  :cookieMonster: okay, to be a little more specific, the person who builds the coolest, or best, or nicest thing with bricks, gets to make a map with me. just leave your screenshots below.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 09:27:26 AM by RUSH0814 »

By "make a map with me", do you mean make a map out of bricks? Or make a map using the Mission Editor?

i build with applesauce :D
if you do that, ill pay you lol

By "make a map with me", do you mean make a map out of bricks? Or make a map using the Mission Editor?

no i mean we can do it in torque constructor, thats what i use to make my maps, thats what badspot uses, and thats what wesely williams uses

ol'fashioned eh? Well then. Just make it a raffle!

no i mean we can do it in torque constructor, thats what i use to make my maps, thats what badspot uses, and thats what wesely williams uses
Does Badspot actually use Torque Constructor? I thought he used something else...

Also, who is Wesley Williams?

Does Badspot actually use Torque Constructor? I thought he used something else...

Some guy who made a mediocre map making tutorial.

Some guy who made a mediocre map making tutorial.
k dude, wtf? wesely williams is one of the best map makers on the forums, there are only  few of the dedicated map makers, i make them just for you guys, but apparently you are too much of an a'hole to respect us, we make these maps so you can enjoy your time on blockland, he made that tutorial s that people like you can take advantage of it and make your own maps. but apparently you dont appreciate it, ill make sure that we remember that for next time.

yes, blockland is run by torque game engine, so to make a map, you have to use torque constructor... well... you can use other stuff, but its crazy annoying to have to convert and retexture everything

ol'fashioned eh? Well then. Just make it a raffle!
im just sayin that cuz there arent many contests  :cookieMonster:

k dude, wtf? wesely williams is one of the best map makers on the forums, there are only  few of the dedicated map makers, i make them just for you guys, but apparently you are too much of an a'hole to respect us, we make these maps so you can enjoy your time on blockland, he made that tutorial s that people like you can take advantage of it and make your own maps. but apparently you dont appreciate it, ill make sure that we remember that for next time.
No. I don't appreciate his guide. I also haven't seen a single map released by him.

No. I don't appreciate his guide. I also haven't seen a single map released by him.
ok ok, i see what the problem is, but first, i apolagize for getting so angry so fast, i just hate it when me and the other map makers are disrespected, but the reason why you havent seen a single map released by him, is cuz his in game name is ostinyo, but his forum name is wesely williams, his maps are one of the most popular maps in the forums right now, but i think my map is getting the most light this week, go check it out in the maps section, his maps are 20x better than mine

well... you can use other stuff, but its crazy annoying to have to convert and retexture everything
That's why i'm wondering, you CAN use other programs, but Badspot usually knows what he's doing, so it's probably not that much of a problem

Edit: I looked at the pictures of your map and Wesley's, it's not as bad as i thought, Wesley's maps aren't just terrain edits, they actually look like he put effort into them, and that's good, they look alright, your map is okay, but the building looks too plain and the terrain looks like you just raised it up in random spots, but like i said, it's okay
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:55:31 AM by Masterlegodude »

That's why i'm wondering, you CAN use other programs, but Badspot usually knows what he's doing, so it's probably not that much of a problem
yeah but i can confortably say that im 99% sure that thats what he uses, since in torque, actually i think he said it somewhere... having said that though, he uses other programs for other things, like he is using some program for the physics update

just outta curiosity... is anyone competing yet?