Author Topic: 1991 Mercedes-Benz -- Good deal?  (Read 864 times)

Well, early 90's Mercs are not really the epitome of luxury as of yet, and that was the last time when Mercedes-Benz built not simply solid, but indestructible cars. Also, old Mercs are really popular in 3rd world countries because of what I said, so parts should be plentiful from donor cars.

Yeah over 50% of all cars in Albania are old Mercs. 3 million poor people can't be wrong!

The cetane number of long-chain fatty acids is sufficient to make it flash under pressure, but indyjones, unless you have a fully-fledged pilot plant sitting around wherever you're moving to, I really don't suggest attempting to make bio-diesel, because the cost of making it on a small-scale can exceed the cost of diesel. I assume you know how to hydrolyse vegetable oils, hydrogenate the unsaturated fatty acids, purify them and all the relevant catalysts and conditions required for this kind of stuff.

The cetane number of long-chain fatty acids is sufficient to make it flash under pressure, but indyjones, unless you have a fully-fledged pilot plant sitting around wherever you're moving to, I really don't suggest attempting to make bio-diesel, because the cost of making it on a small-scale can exceed the cost of diesel. I assume you know how to hydrolyse vegetable oils, hydrogenate the unsaturated fatty acids, purify them and all the relevant catalysts and conditions required for this kind of stuff.
Growing mass amounts of corn, soy, and other products.

Like 300 acres.

Apparently, the car you chose is a W124 which is indeed built like a tank and it was (and still it is) a very popular choice for cab drivers, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check some stuff.

Here is this buyer's guide and you should probably check with the folks over there, they should be more knowledgeable about this.

The only down-side to the mercedes is that it'll be an extremely exotic import there thus parts will be expensive as stuff. That's a 20-21 year old car, the transmission is bound to die on you soon.

Apparently, the car you chose is a W124 which is indeed built like a tank and it was (and still it is) a very popular choice for cab drivers, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check some stuff.

Here is this buyer's guide and you should probably check with the folks over there, they should be more knowledgeable about this.
Thanks for the advice, I asked one of my friends over there about everything via Facebook, but he uses an internet cafe so it may be a day or two.

You're probably in the clear in that case, go right ahead, I wish you luck, etc.