Author Topic: Giza (kind of)  (Read 5536 times)

This is a project I have been working on since I got Blockland a while back. The pyramid was started by Grimreaper, who made a good base with a small tunnel. I took that and ran with it, and over the last few weeks Jeobus and Gegc have stopped in to pitch a hand. Props, guys.

Gegc's hotel

Hotel lobby

Pinball!

Upstairs hall

Sample room

Pyramid complex. Pyramidal bunker by Joebus, as are most of the trees and about half of the desert.

Another view

My pyramid from the air

Entrance

First branch in the path. Forward or up?

I've been told the entire pyramid is very claustrophobic.

An example of the many death traps I have. I couldn't get the spikes to point down, so you'll just have to pretend they do.

So many paths...

Star room stairs on the left, entrance to maze on the right.

Star room. So many people ask me what the star is for, it isn't funny. I guess I'll say it's an asterisk leading you to an official document on ancient Egypt or something. In other words, "Insert Hieroglyphs Here."

The last death trap.

It's called the Punji Pit for a reason.

I made it impossible to leave the pit once you fall in, as this poor fellow, made by Gegc, illustrates beautifully.

Even more choices.

The last room in the pyramid, the treasure room. Piles of gold and jewels by me, throne and Love Mummy by Gegc. Isn't he just so huggable?  :cookieMonster:

The pyramid has five or six floors, a maze, a treasure room, four death traps, and a ton of tunnels. I've had upwards of five people lost in it at the same time.

Interesting build, I remember seeing something like it a long time ago, i think it was your server, for future reference, you can take screenshots with Ctrl + P and DOF screenshots with Ctrl + Shift + P.

Overall interesting but nothing to impressive, keep up the builds, the skeleton made me laugh.

Good to know. Thanks. Would love to post the download, but don't know how. It really needs to be experienced.

probalby the most unique pyramid build i have thus seen... >.>
if you dont mind, i rate this an 7.75/10

i got to the end before you put the traps and gold lol, took me 5 min.
i thought you were sub cause someone else made those builds but once i saw that it was diffrent, you were the guy.
very nice, nine point five out of ten.

I got lost in it, then i saw the skeleton  got scared and left.

i got to the end before you put the traps and gold lol, took me 5 min.

Thanks for the compliment. If you ran it before the gold and traps, then that was the old version. The new one has about double the number of tunnels. It's amazing what you can do when you're bored, heh.

I got lost in it, then i saw the skeleton  got scared and left.

I'm thinking about changing his eyes to "x's," but I'm not sure.

To post the download:

Go into base and open saves, go into the folder called Bedroom and copy yoursave.blb and yoursave.jpg (change yoursave to the name of the save :P), put them in a .zip and upload it.

Who else thinks the pyramid is too flat?

Hmm, i dont get why people make pyramids with slopes, when in reality, most of them were made with rectangular blocks.

Sampapa, this one is modeled on the pyramids at Giza, which had face stones. It's just that most of them ahve been worn off over time. And I like the angle of this pyramid. It was either this angle or the angle that Joebus' bunker has. Personally, I like the spaced-out look for the bigger ones, and the crunched look for smaller.

yes the pyramids were made form 2x4 bricks inside but on the out side they made slopes and on the tip top of the pyramid was gold tintid. like Rikter said
It's just that most of them ahve been worn off over time.
so its correct in today but to replicate yesterday, its incorrect.

I was there is was pretty cool, I got to the maze.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 10:04:15 AM by star9578 »