Author Topic: Skybox Texture Order & Texture Size  (Read 5305 times)

Well, I am making my first new Slate-type map (custom Skies) and I need to know in the resource.DML file, what order do I put the textures in.

Format being Front, Back, Right, Left, Up, Down.  I need to know the order I put them in for the resource.DML.
Yes, the textures are showing up.  They're just out of order.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:52:49 PM by SWAT One »

Code: [Select]
front
left
back
right
bottom
reflection
cloudlayer1
cloudlayer2
cloudlayer3

Are the Reflections and CloudLayers Necessary?

I don't think so but that's just because I've seen maps without them.

front
left  >>  Right
back
right  >>  Left
bottom
reflection
cloudlayer1
cloudlayer2
cloudlayer3
Incorrect, but I fixed it.

Look for a map on RTB soon entitled "Nova".

Alright, problem Solved, making a Green Nova Edition.
However, I was wondering how large of a texture format I can go (PNG) without rendering it useless.

Incorrect, but I fixed it.

So the order is really...

front
right
back
left
bottom
reflection
cloudlayer1
cloudlayer2
cloudlayer3
?

I'd like to know so I can add skyboxes to my tutorial.

When I spawned, All the textures were in place except the ones to my right and left.  All vertical and linear horizontal were matched up.
BTW here's map preview:

Spacescape?

So the order I have is correct, correct?

I'm late, but I'd just like to point out one thing. From my experience, it doesn't matter what order it's in just so long as you have the textures lined up correctly. You can do any of the following; front-right-back-left, left-front-right-back, etc. because the textures are lined up.

I'm late, but I'd just like to point out one thing. From my experience, it doesn't matter what order it's in just so long as you have the textures lined up correctly. You can do any of the following; front-right-back-left, left-front-right-back, etc. because the textures are lined up.
Im sorry but that is wrong since generally when a skybox is rendered it is exported in this format. Unless you feel like mirroring and jacking up the top box.

Im sorry but that is wrong since generally when a skybox is rendered it is exported in this format. Unless you feel like mirroring and jacking up the top box.
Nope, I render them all the time and put them in any order that works, and there's no issue. I've also tried this with downloaded skyboxes.

That only works if you have a cubemap or half-spheres.