Author Topic: MAC'S NOT BEING ABLE TO HOST SERVERS  (Read 2098 times)

I'm on a Mac and I host effortlessly

What are you on about

Macs' can't host dedicated server because they don't have command prompt.

I used to host dedi's form my Mac. You're stupid. Please stop talking.

Would all the idiots in the thread who don't actually know anything about Mac's and how they work please exit the topic. Macintosh computers can host fine, if you have any ping problems its because you have a poorly setup modem and / or slow Internet connection.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 08:16:35 PM by Sheath »

On my old computer I was able to host normal servers and dedicated servers effortlessly

It's not with the Internet connection because I always have I'll internet mad I'm right next to the modem it's gotta be something with he ping. Even when I host dedicated server I go onto blockland I try to join my server and the ping is ??? and wont let me join. It's gotta be something with the ping. My friends try to join but it just says "sending punch packet" and keeps on going.  Someone please reply to this with an ANSWER no **** about how bad macs are THANKYOU

For one, you have to Querry LAN to join your own dedicated server.

Two. The distance form your router doesn't really help the connection. I mean yeah, 100 feet will diminish it. But your house isn't a hundred feet long. It's either a good connection, or not. And from the amount of complaining you're doing. It's a crappy connection.

Three. Stop complaining. There isn't a single thing me or anybody else on/in these forums can do about your crappy internet. You just have to deal with it.

Just because you have the connection DOES NOT mean it is a good connection.

I try to join my server and the ping is ??? and wont let me join. It's gotta be something with the ping
no. that means you did not forward your ports. and you need to forward your ports.

this has nothing to do with internet, nor macs.

no. that means you did not forward your ports. and you need to forward your ports.

this has nothing to do with internet, nor macs.

That's what he's not understanding.
It's not with the Internet connection because I always have I'll internet mad I'm right next to the modem

He keeps assuming he has    awsum intranetz!1!

I mean yeah, 100 feet will diminish it.
Like a fraction of a microsecond makes a difference.

Like a fraction of a microsecond makes a difference.

I don't know anything about distance vs wi fi. I mean besides the logical part the farther you get the worse the connection but I didn't realize it has that far of a reach.

Wow, ONLY that much?

Wow.

I don't know anything about distance vs wi fi. I mean besides the logical part the farther you get the worse the connection but I didn't realize it has that far of a reach.

Wow, ONLY that much?

Wow.
I don't know for WiFi.

Probably also travels at the speed of light.

I don't know for WiFi.

Probably also travels at the speed of light.

Oh ho ho you almost almost got me there!

The problem is, is that your using a Macintosh you didn't forward your ports.
thank you that's what I needed

Why do PC users hate macs? We dont hate them -.-

Yes, lots of Mac users have Windows users because 'they crash all the time' or 'they BSOD all the time!' which just goes to show that lots of Mac users can't operate a Windows and not forget over; Because I've used my PC for years and never had a serious problem/BSOD.

i only had a BSOD when i overclocked my pc :I