Poll

How is the hotel? (based on whats inside/ outside)

AWESOME
4 (21.1%)
GREAT
0 (0%)
fine/okay
3 (15.8%)
Needs improvement
6 (31.6%)
poor
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: My hotel! :P  (Read 1444 times)

Took very long time to make (may look a little weird though because my elevator spawns didnt show up and some doors) *also for warning: It's is a little oddly shaped* I could only include 4 pics sadly but there was a...
pool (indoor), pool lobby, lobby, manager penthouse (on top floor), coffee shop, ballroom, restraunt, sauna room, suites, regular rooms, elevator, 6 floors, private elevator, employee lounge, and individual room bathrooms (sink, toilet, bath)!
If you see me online you can ask me to load it and I may let you see it =)

It's got a nice exterior shape, but im thinking
More color/detail
Less blocks

I suggest using colors other than brown.

lol thankz for support but i guess i failed it was supposed to be like a log cabin hotel :p

lol thankz for support but i guess i failed it was supposed to be like a log cabin hotel :p
Then use 1x1 Rounds.

Then use 1x1 Rounds.
Thats spam. 
Use a brown scale in a different color set.

I think it needs more brown...

But seriously, needs less spam, and less brown.  Try adding more detail next time, but for a first hotel it could be way worse.

What the brown this brown builds needs some less brown bro brown

Nice take on design. I like the design. Less brown though; brown looks good in small amounts on the exterior. Try get more grey or something in there.

It has a really nice layout, I haven't ever seen a hotel of that style before.

To work on:
  • Use colors other than brown, or at least some different shades of brown. Maybe add some greenery on the rooftop, like a rooftop garden of some sorts.
  • Use less blocks. Find a wall design that is both aesthetically pleasing, but not spammy. You really have to just play around with it, but for future reference walls consisting mainly of 1x1x5's or something don't look too good.
  • On the ramp part of the building, maybe try adding some windows along the ramp, like this thing:

-forgetbrokenpic-
I know you were looking to apply for AoB, so I thought I'd go into a little detail.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:49:28 AM by Trifax »

Thank you very much for the feedback but this wasn't actually my application I made this a few months ago when I was still a little new to the game and have made a very detailed house and will take pictures of it and that will be my application, also, are you a member of AoB?

Thank you very much for the feedback but this wasn't actually my application I made this a few months ago when I was still a little new to the game and have made a very detailed house and will take pictures of it and that will be my application, also, are you a member of AoB?

I understand it's not your application :P looking forward to the app though.

Yes, I'm a member.

I can see the effort and time put into this. You got the right potential, but it needs a little improvement. Although I like it.
7.5/10

I understand it's not your application :P looking forward to the app though.

Yes, I'm a member.
Thank you for understanding I hope to soon be a member also, I will enter my application soon.

You have great potential, it could use some more colors. I would say if you want to keep the brown a good color to mix with the brown is a skin color tan, light brown, medium color grays.