Author Topic: Packaging Issues  (Read 1127 times)

I am having packaging issues with RTB.
The first photo is what RTB says is wrong. The second photo is the contents of my zipped folder.

The files "_MACOSX" and ".DS_Store" are real files and are really in that folder. However they are invisible.

Go to search (Upper right hand corner) and type in "Terminal" then the enter key.

Copy paste the following code INTO the Terminal window that opens.
Code: [Select]
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true

Then hit the enter key and restart finder by pressing CMD+OPT+ESC and highlight "Finder" and hit the enter key 2 times.

Then go back to your add-ons folder and delete "_MACOSX" and ".DS_Store"

Re-Package and re-upload.

To turn off the 'Show all files' just re-enter the code I gave you but replace "true" with "false" and then restart finder once again.

The files "_MACOSX" and ".DS_Store" are real files and are really in that folder. However they are invisible.

Go to search (Upper right hand corner) and type in "Terminal" then the enter key.

Copy paste the following code INTO the Terminal window that opens.
Code: [Select]
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true

Then hit the enter key and restart finder by pressing CMD+OPT+ESC and highlight "Finder" and hit the enter key 2 times.

Then go back to your add-ons folder and delete "_MACOSX" and ".DS_Store"

Re-Package and re-upload.

To turn off the 'Show all files' just re-enter the code I gave you but replace "true" with "false" and then restart finder once again.
Two problems.
1. there is no _MACOSX file in the folder when I do the above.
2. Whenever I delete the .DS_Store it just pops back up again.

Post the zip so I can get rid of the files for you.

Not a problem
1: Do not just make a folder like Gamemode_CityRPG and then Add to archive.
You have to select all the files within that folder using Ctrl and then add to archive.
2: Delete the _MACOSX folder in your addon. RTB 3.5 Does not accept this. I can't help you if your addon doesn't work on macs
3: Delete that .DS_Store file. I have no idea what this is for.
4: Deleting the _MACOSX folder fixes this error too.
5: Solution 1 should fix this. If not, make sure server.cs is coded properly

Not a problem
1: Do not just make a folder like Gamemode_CityRPG and then Add to archive.
You have to select all the files within that folder using Ctrl and then add to archive.
2: Delete the _MACOSX folder in your addon. RTB 3.5 Does not accept this. I can't help you if your addon doesn't work on macs
No idea what one is saying. Read ALL the replies before posting.

Not a problem
1: Do not just make a folder like Gamemode_CityRPG and then Add to archive. If this was the problem, he would'nt have the current issue

What? You tell him what files to delete but do not tell him how? Boy, go learn how to help people properly.

Solution/Step 1 and 5 both do not apply because then he wouldn't be having the current issue. It's sorta logic there pal..

Solution/Step 1 is poorly explained.

I'm going to re-write it for you.

1: You created an add-on folder called weapon_gun, now this is just an example. You cannot, CANNOT just highlight the folder weapon_gun and right click send to archive. You have to go in the folder. Highlight all the files and then right click send to archive.

If you do it INCORRECTLY it will look something like this: weapon_gun.zip/weapon_gun/filesarehere

If you do it CORRECTLY it will look something like this: weapon_gun.zip/files are here

Hope that is explained well enough and works.

right click send to archive.
There is none.
P.S. I'm on a mac.

There is none.
P.S. I'm on a mac.
I have windows. I guess i cant help you there.

If I select multiple files and select compress it makes it a .zip and renames it Archive.zip
Don't know if that helps.

If I select multiple files and select compress it makes it a .zip and renames it Archive.zip
Don't know if that helps.
rename it to something rlse

rename it to something rlse
But then it's just a .zip file in a .zip file.

Upload it to Mediafire, post it here or PM me the files. I'll send them back to you without the unnecessary files.

If you're able to post the file here, please do. When macs compile ZIP archives, they add their own indexing file things that are hidden.