Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7774471 times)

Rainbow rocks is on at 9am for me tomorrow, and I don't gotta work till 3pm B)
Already watched it twice on Netflix

Gonna begin a binge up until the new season today

Speaking of EG I wonder who the bad guy will be in the new one

Anyone here good with playertypes coding? I found a place that I can get obj files and I was hoping we could port them in.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:22:57 AM by MoltenKitten »

Anyone here good with playertypes coding? I found a place that I can get obj files and I was hoping we could port them in.
Um, I know how playertypes are handled script-wise (or at least I can dig up some files for playertypes that had complete animation sets, which i'd then use as a base) but it requires both a model (.dts I think) and animation sequences (.dsq, i think), and there's a whole bunch of weird stuff you'd have to do with that, the details of which I'm not versed on. Also they'd have to have proper mountpoints/nodes/whatever-the-forget (i don't recall offhand)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:53:17 PM by King of the Bill »

Someday we will have pony playertypes

Someday

Someday we will have pony playertypes

Someday
We already do. (mirror)
However that was never finished.

We already do. (mirror)
However that was never finished.
And the style was ugly

Darg do you have an archive of my post on the Qi forums for this particular thing?

Browser crashed because of this

Couldn't handle the much greatness and power

Specifically the fact that I tried making 99999 Trixies
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:02:43 PM by MoltenKitten »

6:59 PM - dargereldren: is this too much twilight
7:01 PM - Moltenkitten: not enough

"stick a cupcake in my-- OW!"

Well darg informed he didn't have an archive of the post I made regarding a playertype. So here is my idea.

Hat color=mane color 1
Head color= mane color 2
Shirt color= body color
Pants= eye color
Legs= tail color

To make progress easier each version after refinements will have only a few

Earth (v1)
Pegasus (v2)
Unicorn (v3) which holds objects with magic
Alicorn (v3) same as above

Optionals:
Mane 6
Princess
Chrysalis and the changelings
Sombra
Tirek
Client sided cutie mark GUI

Well darg informed he didn't have an archive of the post I made regarding a playertype. So here is my idea.

Hat color=mane color 1
Head color= mane color 2
Shirt color= body color
Pants= eye color
Legs= tail color

To make progress easier each version after refinements will have only a few

Earth (v1)
Pegasus (v2)
Unicorn (v3) which holds objects with magic
Alicorn (v3) same as above

Optionals:
Mane 6
Princess
Chrysalis and the changelings
Sombra
Tirek
Client sided cutie mark GUI
Ok, so I'm not sure if some of this is even possible.

The recolor parts could PROBABLY be done; at the very least, I don't see why it couldn't be. The only issue is that the pony model would have to have proper nodes set up. You know how the Dragon Playertypes would only ever change their full skin color, and only to the color of the player's body? Yeah, that didn't use nodes very well. Then again, I don't know much about how that's handled in Blockland. It's theoretically possible that nonstandard player models won't even load other colors (relying instead on textures for coloring). I really haven't worked with it before, though I really should someday.

As for the "cutie mark GUI": I'm going to assume you mean a system like faces and body decals to be put into place. First off, I'm not sure if we can even do that outside the current decal system, or within the Blockland decal system, for that matter.
There's been a longstanding issue with custom playermodels not supporting face and body decal customization. iirc it's why Dark Samus down on Pecon7's server has no face; it's actually a custom model (or treated as such due to its custom animations). So I'm not actually sure if doing cutie marks like you're looking for is even possible in Blockland.

Long story short, though, you're not gonna be able to just do a straight port; someone would have to go out of their way to make these models for Blockland, most likely, and even then, I'm not sure everything would function properly. Remembering the vast array of potential different mane styles only complicates things further, though you could probably get away with only a couple per playertype, again, not sure how it would be handled. All my playertype-diggings were script-related and everything you're asking for here is model-related.

Actually, the easiest thing on that list might be "holds objects with magic", if that old Gravity Gun addon still works; it could pick up and drop physics vehicles (and sometimes bots, I don't remember, but it could only "shove" other players away from it). Could probably auto-spawn with a modified version of it or some stuff.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:05:27 AM by King of the Bill »

Ok, so I'm not sure if some of this is even possible.

The recolor parts could PROBABLY be done; at the very least, I don't see why it couldn't be. The only issue is that the pony model would have to have proper nodes set up. You know how the Dragon Playertypes would only ever change their full skin color, and only to the color of the player's body? Yeah, that didn't use nodes very well. Then again, I don't know much about how that's handled in Blockland. It's theoretically possible that nonstandard player models won't even load other colors (relying instead on textures for coloring). I really haven't worked with it before, though I really should someday.

As for the "cutie mark GUI": I'm going to assume you mean a system like faces and body decals to be put into place. First off, I'm not sure if we can even do that outside the current decal system, or within the Blockland decal system, for that matter.
There's been a longstanding issue with custom playermodels not supporting face and body decal customization. iirc it's why Dark Samus down on Pecon7's server has no face; it's actually a custom model (or treated as such due to its custom animations). So I'm not actually sure if doing cutie marks like you're looking for is even possible in Blockland.

Long story short, though, you're not gonna be able to just do a straight port; someone would have to go out of their way to make these models for Blockland, most likely, and even then, I'm not sure everything would function properly. Remembering the vast array of potential different mane styles only complicates things further, though you could probably get away with only a couple per playertype, again, not sure how it would be handled. All my playertype-diggings were script-related and everything you're asking for here is model-related.

Actually, the easiest thing on that list might be "holds objects with magic", if that old Gravity Gun addon still works; it could pick up and drop physics vehicles (and sometimes bots, I don't remember, but it could only "shove" other players away from it). Could probably auto-spawn with a modified version of it or some stuff.

I was thinking the GUI would work like CVS

Take a major division for example nature

then a minor like trees

then finally leaf

I was thinking the GUI would work like CVS

Take a major division for example nature

then a minor like trees

then finally leaf
The only "CVS" I know of is a pharmacy, and I'm pretty sure that's not what you're describing, so could you elaborate on what you meant by "CVS"?

does this belong here? or am i mistaken?

Looks fine to me, just a bunch of normal looking colorful ponies