Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship for Blockheads: General V2  (Read 7658767 times)

I honestly don't understand why grown men like this show. Good plot and good story? Every show (well, except those animated atrocities) has that. It's not like My Little Pony is the only show in the universe with good story and good plot.

EDIT: I feel like such a loving idiot now. I bumped the post. Please, murder me at your will.

I honestly don't understand why grown men like this show. Good plot and good story? Every show (well, except those animated atrocities) has that. It's not like My Little Pony is the only show in the universe with good story and good plot.
It is one of the few animated shows that actually has a plot and a good one at that. If you look at most western animated shows they are either lel so randum or horrible plots. It is also astonishing how good it is considering the platform. Most shows based off toys had little to no effort put into animation and plot. The final thing to note is that it broke a barrier for girls programming, most characters in girls' shows are one sided and can't really be connected with. On top of that it also has some action mixed in.

The ponies are also flipping arorable.

Who likes my new avatar?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:35:43 PM by MoltenKitten »

I honestly don't understand why grown men like this show.
loaded question

Speaking from personal experience I thought I was a brony in freshman year because i was already a weird dude and it set me apart from my peers.

I grew out of it when I learned that there are good shows on tv that were made for my demographic like TDW and Futurama

It is one of the few animated shows that actually has a plot and a good one at that. If you look at most western animated shows they are either lel so randum or horrible plots.

what? if you want to look at a good current running show just look at stuff like steven universe

It is also astonishing how good it is considering the platform. Most shows based off toys had little to no effort put into animation and plot.

and that's supposed to mean we're supposed to give it a boost just because its made for a toy line? its a show, and we're judging it off that. and as a show, it's pretty shallow, boring, and has zero depth. but thats my opinion.

The final thing to note is that it broke a barrier for girls programming, most characters in girls' shows are one sided and can't really be connected with. On top of that it also has some action mixed in.

again, this doesn't mean it gets a boost for no reason. its a shallow show with 0 depth and the only appraisals you're giving me is that it's doing decently well for a toy line/girls show.

what? if you want to look at a good current running show just look at stuff like steven universe
I said one of few not only

and that's supposed to mean we're supposed to give it a boost just because its made for a toy line? its a show, and we're judging it off that. and as a show, it's pretty shallow, boring, and has zero depth. but thats my opinion. With the exception of the first 2 episodes the almost all of season 1 is like that.

again, this doesn't mean it gets a boost for no reason. its a shallow show with 0 depth and the only appraisals you're giving me is that it's doing decently well for a toy line/girls show.
It is doing phenomenal for a toy line based show. I'm guessing you're not observant enough to see the depth

But you are still entitled to your opinion

and that's supposed to mean we're supposed to give it a boost just because its made for a toy line? its a show, and we're judging it off that. and as a show, it's pretty shallow, boring, and has zero depth. but thats my opinion.

again,
loaded question

just let people like whatever they want to like

just let people like whatever they want to like
I'm not stopping them from liking the show. It's just I'm confused on why they like it. That's all.

I'm not stopping them from liking the show. It's just I'm confused on why they like it. That's all.

Yeah I ask people all the time why the forget they like avocado, its gross and mushy. forget, I should persecute them.