Author Topic: Limited fuel Jetpack  (Read 1448 times)

Before you post, yes I know we do have a jetpack add on! Here is where my idea gets different and I can't believe no one thought of it.

So the jetpack add on we have causes the player to fly with something similar to the flying mario cap, which is fine but it's incredibly fast and buggy. What I am looking for is a jetpack that instead works exactly like the fuel jet player. That's right a jetpack that works exactly like the fuel jet playertype. The jetpack will be an item which allows the player to fly for a limited time, this would be great for no-jet playertype minigames. Think of this as like Duke3d with jets.

It has to be an item.
It needs limited fuel so when the fuel runs out the jetpack disappears.
Normal right click function, no need to do something else.
Make it only work in no-jet playertype minigames
The controls should just be like normal player jet, none of that mario flying cap bullstuff.

I was agreeing with you up until:

Make it only work in no-jet playertype minigames

That's gonna  be a tough part to script, I'd think. Otherwise, good idea.

/support

/support

Well then only work only for no-jet playertypes in general.

I was agreeing with you up until:

/support
That's not hard at all.
But it really isn't needed.
If you don't want the item in a certain minigame, don't give it out.

Instead of disappearing when it's out of fuel, it should remain in your inventory so you can go somewhere and refuel it.

Instead of disappearing when it's out of fuel, it should remain in your inventory so you can go somewhere and refuel it.

Actually I forgot to mention, instead of it literally taking up an item slot it should just become visible on your back. Picking up another jetpack on the ground should automatically refuel your jetpack.

This reminds me of the Booster 0.8 from cave story.
Although I would rather have 2.0,I'll attempt to model this as the way it looks in cavestory as a reference.

Well then only work only for no-jet playertypes in general.
Thats not necessary, just because you're only going to use it for that doesn't mean you have to limit everybody else.

Thats not necessary, just because you're only going to use it for that doesn't mean you have to limit everybody else.

Well it's not because of that. I just don't understand why it should work for jet playertypes, it kind of defeats the purpose of the jetpack.

It would break any kind of special playertype, because you need to change the playertype to be able to jet on a non-jet player.

It would break any kind of special playertype, because you need to change the playertype to be able to jet on a non-jet player.

By special do you mean like Duck, dragon, mutalid? If that's the case I can live with that, I would only had used the jetpack for non-jet playertype minigames anyways.

By special do you mean like Duck, dragon, mutalid? If that's the case I can live with that, I would only had used the jetpack for non-jet playertype minigames anyways.
Not just those, but anything that have datablock specific functions and unique values.

Well it's not because of that. I just don't understand why it should work for jet playertypes, it kind of defeats the purpose of the jetpack.
Well it does but only stupid people are going to use it with jets, that doesn't mean you have to put in all this extra effort to make it ONLY work with non-jet players  :cookieMonster:

Well it does but only stupid people are going to use it with jets, that doesn't mean you have to put in all this extra effort to make it ONLY work with non-jet players  :cookieMonster:
One line isn't much extra effort.