Author Topic: Transporting BL  (Read 1566 times)

iv been transporting BL in a USB (AKA psp), but whenever i start BL it asks me for the key and when i take it to a old computer where i used BL from my USB before, it asks for the key again, anyway to prevent asking me from same computers?

Just enter the key on both (make sure they aren't both on when you do the other)

Did you copy the key.dat file?

Badspot

• Administrator
The key.dat file is encrypted using unique information from the computer you entered it on.  This prevents people from casually stealing your key. 

The only thing you can do is have multiple copies of the game on the USB drive or have multiple key.dat files and use some batch file trickery to switch them around. 

hmm. so your telling me i gots to hacks? cause if there is no way around this il just have to do this everytime and it wont bother me but to save me time from puting key

Just make a script that just auths with your key on startup.

Which would be dangerous because then someone could add a file to their server for you to download or some kind of grabber like the persistence grabber and get that file and see your key and use it.

That'd require a clientCmd, which has to be downloaded by the client. I admit it is dangerous for the naive ones among us, but if somebody makes like a Blockland USB. I'm pretty sure they'll find a way of encrypting it or hiding the ID.

Everyone here is too stupid to know how to do that.

wait, your telling me if i have a notepad having the code and i join someones server, they could get the notepad and endup with my key?!