Realistic Damage Mod

Author Topic: Realistic Damage Mod  (Read 1667 times)

I am in need of a mod that causes realistic damage.

Basically, I need a server-side script that destroys any brick that is fake-killed. This is so weapon and explosion damage actually damages a build. I've wanted this for a while to create realism with weapons, its quite core to an RP thing I'm wanting to do soon.

Would really appreciate it if someone could program it. I don't know much about Torque, but surely there is some way to detect a fakekilled brick and delete it after its run its animation?

EDIT: Might be best to reserve it to mini-game if including all bricks to stop abuse.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:21:28 AM by Sheath »

Couldn't this just be a redirection of fake-kill to kill with some checks for context?

Couldn't this just be a redirection of fake-kill to kill with some checks for context?

I don't know how to script, I just need a mod that will handle this with any brick. I can't event it if that is what you are getting at, not on the scale I need it for.

I think you are misconstruing "realistic". The word you are looking for is "permanent".

I think you are misconstruing "realistic".

No, but perhaps its inappropriate to use the word in a lego game.

Explosion > bricks get damaged > they dun 'respawn'

Wasn't a Brick>Kill event default while' back?

Wasn't a Brick>Kill event default while' back?

Went right over your head, eh?

onBlownUp > Self > Dissapear [-1]
onMinigameReset > Self > Dissapear [1]

This should work, and if you're too lazy to even all the bricks with that, deal with it.

This should work, and if you're too lazy to even all the bricks with that, deal with it.

12-60k bricks.

You know the save in bedroom? Beta city 16? The big skyscraper on that level? I used that script on ALL the bricks on that, and some of the other buildings on it. took a stuff load of time.

We just need a universal event wrench that adds (does not delete existing events) events to all the bricks in the server/build.

or just a command
and icy i think i know what you are talking about, with the rp...
i think you said something about it on irc to me a while back