Job interview - Successful

Author Topic: Job interview - Successful  (Read 2407 times)

The most important thing you need to do is if your interview is any decent at all give it 2-3 days and call and ask how you did and if you were still in consideration and also e-mail them the next day with a thank you for the interview. It's pretty gay I know but the thank you alone speaks wonders of your character and calling back to see how you did shows you are willing to learn, eager, and follow things through. What most people don't realize is almost all employers expect you to call back and will only hire people that call back.

OP, idk how it is in your city, but simply not being on drugs will get you hired for minimum wage jobs lol

I've oddly had 3 jobs, and I've always been assured the job, as in I never needed to have an interview, just fill out the paper work.

"i know what 1+1 is now give me a job"

It's a job at a massive supermarket chain that is pretty much everywhere in Britain, Sainsbury's.
It's not as easy as just turning up and asking for a job.

They make you jump through an awful lot of loops and the decision on whether you get the job or not isn't decided by the interviewees.
All your application and interview notes get sent off to Head Office and they decide from there.

There isn't anyone I could possibly e-mail to inquire or ask, and they would only expect me to call if I never recieved any word on the result of the application.
Other than that, it's entirely out of my hands.

If I were applying for a smaller job at a local independently run high-street shop then all your lovely tips would be much more useful and greatly put to use.
But unemplyoment is so high in my area that every job gets hundreds of applicants and most small shops can not afford to hire anyone, no matter how good they may be.

They make you jump through an awful lot of loops
A heap of my friends work/applied for a job at a theme park here, there were multiple interviews including a group interview in which one of the tasks they asked them to do was to just get up and start dancing.
Some of them thought it was stupid but imo that's the coolest way to apply for a job ever.

You aren't going to get a job with an attitude like that.

"nothing I can do boohoo they don't want me to call excuses excuses."

Gotta grow some balls.

I hope you get the position! I think you'll get it.

Update!

I've gotten the job, albeit a different position to what I applied for. Instead of a cashier I will be a customer service assistant working on their customer service desk.
Which I am happier about as I'm most nervous about working on a till for a big supermarket with a heavy flow of customers. I will have to be till trained anyway though, as its Sainsbury's policy that everyone can work at a till if necessary.

I get a three day induction next week during which i get my uniform and learn what I will be doing and get paid.
And I'll be working 12 hours a week on approx £7.60 an hour for roughly 8 weeks, including induction. I make a tidy sum of about £730, which is about $1170.

So I am very chuffed. Thanks for the advice you all gave.

Good job getting the position, and good luck with it. :)

Make sure not to talk to people for too long, because, you know.