Author Topic: Possibly useful playertype  (Read 1967 times)

It just struck me at one point that a playertype that could jump the height of an 8x cube could be useful. Eventually, I got off of my lazy butt, got onto my work butt, and made this playertype. It, in addition, to balance out a little and not be idiotic looking in action, runs a little faster too.
This playertype would probably only be good for LARGE OPEN SPACES, so don't complain about running into walls and sustaining brain damage. I did test this a little, but I need feedback, and I can't get my server to work.
So, I post. http://www.mediafire.com/?37ccgjoy4e8fi76
Note to all who wish to download: I WILL be making later versions of this if any advice that is actually useful is given. HOWEVER, due to the horrible and idiotic nature of one of the computers that I use, it may end up being a while before I get around to the next update. Savvy?
So.

Oh, and on a final note, I was considering posting this in the addons section, but this is not finished. K? K.

So it runs faster and jumps higher? I see really crappy rocket launcher DMs in the near future...

something like this has been made long ago

I think it's called olympic or acrobatic playertype or soemthing

something like this has been made long ago

I think it's called olympic or acrobatic playertype or soemthing

I  think an olympic player type, but I think it can only jump the height of X6 bricks.

I personally disliked both of those playertypes; they, to me, seemed a little over-the-top.
Now, of course, 8x cube height jumping is still over the top, (pun noted, not intended) but not to that extent.
This I thought simply could be useful, and not too spammy or insane.
Oh, and to respond to mushroom man, I do not see how this could produce crappy rocket DMs in the near future. There are plenty of playertypes out there, many of which run faster than this, and a few jump higher. Did those produce crappy rocket DMs? I think not.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 04:58:29 PM by Katadeus »

So... you changed two numbers?

Yes, and this makes me an awesome scripter.
No.
NOTSONINJAEDIT Multiple numbers. Hue.
Shut up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 09:28:33 PM by Katadeus »

Yes, and this makes me an awesome scripter.
No.
Three numbers.
Shut up.
Deepest apologies, master scripter. Next time I shall think before judging your truly amazing scripting skills.

Lol, what I need more is counting skills.
There were more than that. Running has multiple numbahs too.
Yeah, then a little packaging. Nothing especially interesting.
Bow down, if you will.
Kthxbai.

Just to spite, I created a crappy rocket DM server. It turned into a respectable and epic server in which I jumped from tree to tree while knifing people. While they were trying to kill me with magnums and sniper rifles and butterfly knives occasionally. And my teammates did nothing for extended periods of time. Or so it seemed. Short sentences. Whee.
It worked. I like my playertype, but it only seems to function perfectly on timescales 0.8 and 0.9. However, I was lagging horribly, for some reason. Usually, as Amazing, I tend to do well with not having lag, but oh well. Something must have been up with teh internetts.
Yeah.
Hey, this isn't a blog. I should stop posting stupid stuff.

Halo playertype, if you think about it, speed and high jumping.

All you had to do was hang a few numbers and package it.

Jes, I realize that. Read the whole thread. Learn sarcasm.
I don't care how little work this took; all I see is that this could be good for certain TDMs or DMs. However, if someone has already made a Halo playertype, this may be considered useless. I will check around the forums for a Halo playertype.

Jes, I realize that. Read the whole thread. Learn sarcasm.
I did read the whole thread.

Then you do realize that your post was entirely unnecessary.
RedGajin, I believe, covered the matter, and with good humor.
I did read the whole thread.
I do believe that sarcasm is still necessary to learn. Don't get all indignorant on me.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 12:55:02 PM by Katadeus »