The Blockland Bulletin [News Blog]

Author Topic: The Blockland Bulletin [News Blog]  (Read 17013 times)

Project Synopsis
The Blockland Bulletin (TBB) is a news blog built for Blockland for the purpose of news, reviews, and opinion, which can be read by players to inform and entertain.
It is designed to offer a quality journalistic perspective on Blockland current events. This concerns forum happenings from videos, to clans, to drama, to general information regarding add-ons, RTB, or Blockland in general. It also covers in-game events such as server stories, like New Years parties and other happenings.

This blog was built on the 7th of December 2010 and has been in trial up to January 1st 2011. The response to articles is growing, and the interest in reading the blog has been increasing steadily. I believe this may offer a better insight into the world we know as Blockland, and even surprise you with how in-depth some aspects of the game are. While Blockland is just a game, it has its own micro-community where SHEET HAPPENS.

Interesting stories we broke in the past:

BREAKING NEWS: RTB Services Go Down, Blockland Servers Drop
RateBlocklanders Forced to Improve Security After Password Scandal
Its Official: 1 Million Off-Topic Posts
RTB Wiki Shutdown Permanently: "No one is asking us to do crap!"
CityRPG & ZAPT v3 "Indefinitely Suspended"

TBB took a break for a few months after some authors fell out of sync and some mess needed to be sorted. We have returned to service. As opposed to last time, we are no longer operating 'stock market' updates, or any other features that are grossly specific to servers.

I didn't want to start a new topic but the other one is too old to edit.

Contribution
We are open to contribution again. Please PM me for details.

Q&A

Do we really need a news source? Isn't the forum good enough?
While the forum is a good resource, it doesn't necessarily cover the information you need, and is less convenient when you are trying to inform yourself about recent happenings. The community is no doubt good for sharing and receiving information, but doesn't always cover an in-depth brown townysis of events. TBB rounds up relevant information, that isn't watered down by forum discussion, something the forum can't provide.

How do I know what I am reading is factual and unbiased?
We do considerable research into our topic, and often contact the people involved to get better backgrounds on stories. We present the information we find. For those concerned, all interviews conducted are archived and quotes are written out word for word.
TBB does not tolerate bias, and will not write a story if it poses an extreme conflict of interest. News articles are kept separate from review and opinion. We follow general journalism practices used globally.

I have a concern about the content published, what can I do?
TBB will receive and investigate all complaints, taking every message very seriously. Please contact Sheath on the forums via PM, I almost always ignore emails, and don't bitch in the comments form about the site if its unrelated to the article.

The link
Was thinking of buying a proper domain but the blogspot one worked for long enough, so a co.cc in comparison is fine. Who gives, just read the site lelel.

http://www.blocklandnews.co.cc

Fun Facts
- Since December 2010 TBB has been viewed 28,000 times
- The most read article to date was an April Fools prank about Blockland Cloud being released
- Chrome is the browser used the most by readers, accounting for 37% of viewers
- 66% of our readers are American
- 79% of our readers use Windows; 14% use Mac OSX. Linux is one of the platforms used least by our readers, substantially less than iOS users and even less than those using Windows NT.
- TBB was released in December of 2010; that month we got 800 views. In January 2011, the following month, TBB soared to 7,500 views
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 06:05:02 PM by Sheath »

i first read the blockland bullet

This looks really interesting.

Sweet, I loved the video with Kalphiter and Iban on your youtube! Glad it is back!

"Tezuni Distributing snake Mod That Steals ID Keys?"
Oh god lol

SCANDAL: Tezuni Distributing snake Mod That Steals ID Keys? [UPDATE]
haha I like this place
it's like an actual newspaper

I remember once you said that I didn't have a life

I don't even know what to say to you now hahaha

I remember once you said that I didn't have a life

I don't even know what to say to you now hahaha

This is a hobbyist project where I can try out techniques I learn in media studies. I enjoy writing it for fun, people like reading. You should try find something you enjoy doing, trying to be a jerk isn't counted.

This is a hobbyist project where I can try out techniques I learn in media studies. I enjoy writing it for fun, people like reading. You should try find something you enjoy doing, trying to be a jerk isn't counted.
You should write an article on how i have a massive man crush on you and how i always follow you around; i could do for a good read.

and what do you mean trying

You should write an article on how i have a massive man crush on you

I jizzed.

Also, another follower just joined. :D