Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program, Or: How I learned to stop worrying and love THRUSTERRRSSSS  (Read 279754 times)

You have to journey to the center of Sol and have burning love with the idol Steve. Then, he awards you with the power of sun.
No, you don't know.
im serious where the forget do I get them i cant seem to find them in the utility unless they extend or something

what are they called?

im serious where the forget do I get them i cant seem to find them in the utility unless they extend or something

what are they called?
you have 0.18 right?

what are they called?
Photovoltaic panels.

Their little icon looks nothing like a solar panel because it is retracted, but almost everything on the lower half of the utility section is a solar panel.

ah ok

and

i end up orbiting around the sun and its getting very annoying

also

when i try to have a full repetitive orbit around Kerbin, in looks like this:

/---\
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |

inb4heheitlookslikearichard
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 10:19:18 PM by blockguy123 »

heheitlookslikearichard

also

when i try to have a full repetitive orbit around Kerbin, in looks like this:

/---\
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |
|    |

inb4heheitlookslikearichard
Pictures please, I don't understand what you mean.

Pictures please, I don't understand what you mean.
He probably means it just falls back to Kerbin. blockguy, you have to shoot for under the horizon once you get high enough.

Also, I have a question. Will a spiraling rotation on a probe maintain a straighter orbit in deep space? Or is ASAS enough?

There is no such thing as a straight orbit.

Spiraling will do nothing to the orbit of your craft unless you're thrusting in a direction as you spin.
ASAS is handy if you want to leave something in a stationary position for docking, but you don't NEED it for something that you're just leaving in orbit.

Hallo there.  Just gonna leave this here....

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 09:41:32 PM by Gadgethm »

There is no such thing as a straight orbit.

Spiraling will do nothing to the orbit of your craft unless you're thrusting in a direction as you spin.
ASAS is handy if you want to leave something in a stationary position for docking, but you don't NEED it for something that you're just leaving in orbit.
I just ASAS everything.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3jxjql.jpg[/img
You sir make me jelly.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/3jxjql.jpg[/img
Needs more boosters.
And rovers.

Ohhoho.
Now I need to make a refueling station for a Mun rover!