Author Topic: The Doctor is in! (TARDIS build)  (Read 3003 times)

I've built a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space). I'd really like to improve and build a control room but would like some tips and opinions on how to make this better first. As you can see I used a portal cake decal as the sign on the door due to being to lazy to make a decal right now. Which I probably will make a whole Doctor Who themed decal pack. I've also used an equals sign in place of the "Public Call" part of the sign which I'll probably fix eventually. Anyway, what do you guys think?

Feel free to rate if you wish.

*Inspiration from Swholli*
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 12:20:54 PM by Littledude »

I love the police box, looks just like the real one :D

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=158584.0
mine is better  :cookieMonster:

I wanted it to be detailed so I had to make it bigger than blockhead size. I'd like to make an even bigger one to the effect of the letters of "police box" would be on the 1x1x4 print bricks. That way I wouldn't need special prints for the "public call" part.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:32:05 PM by Littledude »

Best TARDIS in Blockland I've seen yet! Nice Job!

Now make the Interior >:D

A GOOD TARDIS!? Blasphemy!

oh stuff, I just looked at the pictures and noticed that I'm missing a few bricks along the left side of the door.
I'm happy you guys like it. :)

Also, you don't need to portforward to host a server anymore do you? I'd like to host a server tomorrow and hopefully get some people to help with a control room.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 10:26:48 PM by Littledude »

oh stuff, I just looked at the pictures and noticed that I'm missing a few bricks along the left side of the door.
I'm happy you guys like it. :)

Also, you don't need to portforward to host a server anymore do you? I'd like to host a server tomorrow and hopefully get some people to help with a control room.

Hosting servers are fixed for the most part, but some people still can not host.

Why don't you make a vehicle? that way it can be a LOT more detailed and Blockhead sized? Then you make it AWESOME!
If you have any suggestions on why this wouldn't work please tell so I can prove you WRONG!

Why don't you make a vehicle? that way it can be a LOT more detailed and Blockhead sized? Then you make it AWESOME!
If you have any suggestions on why this wouldn't work please tell so I can prove you WRONG!
I'm not the best modeler, or scripter. I could definitely try though and I could just rip the magic carpet script.

GO DOCTOR WHO AWEZOMENEZZ!!!! YAY!

i'm modeling a TARDIS in blender. dang it i forget how to combine two vertices

i'm modeling a TARDIS in blender. dang it i forget how to combine two vertices
I feel like I could have told you if you didn't mention that you forgot how. I definitely know how to do this but I can't remember. I hate when this happens.

If you've got two vertices in the same position, you can just group-select and use "remove duplicates."