Will you come to my birthday party?

nope
79 (83.2%)
maybe
16 (16.8%)
sure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: Escape Overlay Released [NARG]  (Read 467488 times)

Nexus may or may not be integrating a way to use the bricks menu as a weapon selection/loadout creator system.

Nexus may or may not be integrating a way to use the bricks menu as a weapon selection/loadout creator system.

And Rykuta may or may not be eating bagels and punching babies instead of helping with anything.

And Rykuta may or may not be eating bagels and punching babies instead of helping with anything.
And you guys are fat starfishs who don't make any addons.

It's been a while, and I have so many half finished projects that never get released that it is becoming a bit ridiculous.  I decided to man up and finally finish a mod for once.

It has been paining me to see all the UI replacer mods out and about that tell you to replace files and set your ui folder to read only.  This is frankly absurd and not necessary.  This mod is mostly a framework for properly going about replacing UI.  I included a "Metro" style ui that will replace default ui.  There is no need to set your ui folder to being read only.  Simply put Client_Metro in your add-ons folder like any other add-on.

The Metro UI is also very customizable.  There is an added "Change GUI Colors" button in the options menu (seen in the first screenshot below) that will open up a color selection GUI.  With this you can mess with the color and transparency of the background and the text used.  The mod will default to a delicious lime green color, but it will save whatever changes you make and load it next time you start up blockland.

Download: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20459676/Client_Metro.zip

This is still very much a Beta add-on, so any and all feedback is welcome!

It would be cool if you can add different "modes" where you can have different placements and possibly a preview for servers. Some UI addon I had did this but didn't have all the features of the default UI.

The Change GUI Colors button is in the same place as Slayer's options button.
http://prntscr.com/2bel9e

The Change GUI Colors button is in the same place as Slayer's options button.
http://prntscr.com/2bel9e

Well I guess Greek had the same idea as me haha.  Unfortunately that is really the only good spot in the optics menu.  I'll see if I can move it then.

Im sorry
but no.
that looks bad.

Im sorry
but no.
that looks bad.

As I indicated, it is mostly a framework for replacing UI, and the metro style I included is more of a proof of concept than anything.  It's supposed to look like the windows 8 whatever-they-call-it-now UI, more because it is simple to implement than pretty.

Why don't you modify the image paths in the existing GUI profiles rather than overwriting the images?

Why don't you modify the image paths in the existing GUI profiles rather than overwriting the images?

The only images I overwrite are the buttons, because GUIs are incredibly inconsistent.  The game seems to handle most gui types in completely different ways.  Modifying the image paths doesn't work for windows, and I'll have to slap myself on the face if I somehow didn't try it for buttons too.  Replacing images via script will update the look of buttons, but not windows.
I'll have a second look, it's possible I missed it since the buttons were a bit of an afterthought.

Edit: nevermind, I was blanking there for a second.  It is because button ui is defined for every individual button, and it is simply not practical to go through every button and change the path, and to package the function for creating new buttons.  Windows, on the other hand, have the ui path defined in the profile.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:24:35 PM by Nexus »

I've decided that this thread is probably getting way too cluttered and I'm going to need to overhaul the OP if I want to keep using it.  In the meantime, I'm moving some old work being revived to this thread: http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=247400.msg7126460#msg7126460
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:12:54 AM by Nexus »

This topic needs more fancy titles imo.

Old post but I noticed this when working on some guis:

You can't update the image paths of anything that uses these weird "bitmap array" aka images seperated by red stripes things, appearantly once you created a profile object and set the path to one of those it will buffer where the red lines were and use that forever. Like, you can replace the image file and call flushtexturecache, it will reload the image, but still use the old layout. So if you changed the general layout you will now have red lines and other weirdness in the image. Changing the path does nothing. The only way seems to be to create a new profile or to restart the game.

Changing normal images works

This topic needs more fancy titles imo.

Yeah NARG should switch from making add-ons to making fancy titles. I'll beta test the stuff out of those.