Poll

Move the map to RTB?

Yes
35 (94.6%)
No
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Adjustable Plate - Download Page  (Read 15796 times)

Do mind if I use parts of this for maps in the future? Because this is brilliant.
Upload to RTB and this would make Exceptional Maps faster than you could say EPIC.

EDIT: Wait, YOU CAN CHANGE THE SOUND???????? This is even better than I thought!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:13:57 PM by Nasoa »

The only add-on required to have this is the map itself :3

Downloaded it, Will try it out later.

Do this for Bedroom or Slopes. I'd love to have a post apocolpyic sky on frozen terrain.
I don't think it's possible with maps which have interior instances or terrain blocks, as their lighting is generated when the map is loaded, not when the object is spawned.

Do mind if I use parts of this for maps in the future? Because this is brilliant.
Upload to RTB and this would make Exceptional Maps faster than you could say EPIC.

EDIT: Wait, YOU CAN CHANGE THE SOUND???????? This is even better than I thought!
What do you mean by "parts"? If what you mean is that you wish to create a map which can be adjusted in-game, that is fine... However, I would not be too happy with my work being copied, such as the GUIs etc.

Not the GUIs, just parts of the script for changing the conditions and sound.

This is a great map but after playing with it a little I came to wonder...what if you could change the range of the weather and the light as well like in minecraft when you could have it sunny and clear in one area and stormy and dark in the other or have a mix of snow and rain? you know what I mean? ;)

This is a great map but after playing with it a little I came to wonder...what if you could change the range of the weather and the light as well like in minecraft when you could have it sunny and clear in one area and stormy and dark in the other or have a mix of snow and rain? you know what I mean? ;)

Not possible with the Torque engine.

Not possible with the Torque engine.
awwww rly? man *kicks the dirt*

Good Job! Who knows where this development of changable map features could lead us..........

Holy crap, this is the best Slate/map edit evar.

Do this for ALL the default maps, if not custom. I will love you forever.

I think I may be able to make it work with interiors... just don't know if it would work with all the
clients on the server.

EDIT: Oh God the formating on the client.cs hurts my eyes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:54:28 PM by Nasoa »

I am pretty sure it is not possible, I might be wrong...

EDIT: I am 99.9% sure it is not possible, the client has to generate a new ML file for every map update. It would require engine changes to get it to work efficiently or even work at all.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:01:32 PM by General »

When I saw the name of the topic I thought it was a map where you could move the plate around, but then I read the OP.

My mind exploded.

awwww rly? man *kicks the dirt*

Torque still has many easy and powerful features though.  I'm sure we all prefer it to a few other ones.

Anyway, nice idea.