bangarangzanga
17 (11.7%)
44 (30.3%)
awful
10 (6.9%)
wish it didnt exist
19 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Author Topic: Battlefield Megathread  (Read 505698 times)

sucks that in console version that because of the lag, by the time you start taking bullets, they've already emptied an entire clip in you(from their POV) so when you get behind cover, you're already dead
lol FILTHY console peasant pc mastur race!!1

After two matches, I like the beta so far, but the controls are gonna take some time to memorize and get used to       (I have a PS3)

its the same controls as every mouse using fps ever lol

I took some more screens

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:32:16 PM by Bones4 »

Holy forget dude those are amazing.

wow, the main menu for the beta looks really nice

also heli controls are weird. but I guess I like the change, it's good having the fire button so easily accessible
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:11:34 AM by Night Fox »

i am a little-bird god

the game sorta looks bad on the 360. reminds me of MoH

I still think DICE sold out to the Cod Fanboys. A lot of the people who have been playing since 1942 agree. Bloom, Camera Blur, Bloody Screen, no Mod tools, Single Player Campaign, CQB, ect just doesn't make Battlefield look like battlefield. Also the Game punished you for firing in full auto all the time because of terrible accuracy. Now people just spray all the time. Also it seems like once BF4 is up and running BF3 will stop being supported and players will be forced to buy the next game and move on and buy dlc's until the next sequel.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:23:42 AM by Harm94 »

I still think DICE sold out to the Cod Fanboys. A lot of the people who have been playing since 1942 agree.
how?

well you gotta stay competitive if you wanna be successful

people get mad when sequels are to different.

people get mad when sequels are to similar.

people get mad when a sequel is to soon.

people get mad when there isnt a sequel.

well you gotta stay competitive if you wanna be successful
From an management or ceo point of view that might be true. But from a Dev's point of view it might be all about innovation and making your fan base happy. Each of the battlefield's had something unique about them while keeping that battlefield feeling.

Battlefield 1942 was vanilla, made conquest popular, mod tools -> desert combat, server side hit reg
Battlefield Vietnam added booby traps, deployable mortars
Battlefield 2 created as a result from desert combat, added unlocks, guided missiles, commander, made machine gunner into ammo man, select fire weapons, added VOIP
Battlefield 2142 added more unlocks, armor, titan battles, condensed 6 classes into 4, added battle mechs, drones, drop pods
Battlefield Bad company reduced player count to 24, gameplay was made faster paced
Battlefield 3 removed modibility, buffed to 64 players, focuses more on the center of the map, pseudo destructible terrain, bloom, motion blur, removed commander, dlc map packs, removed VOIP, ammo system similar to cod, client side hit reg

You had things like limited splint and your ammo came from magazines which meant when you reloaded any unused ammo was lost. Also cap points were scattered rather than being in the center.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:16:13 AM by Harm94 »