Author Topic: Mini game/Mini-Sports Suggestions  (Read 1470 times)

I was messing around the other day (I have yet to get retail :/) and sort've been toying with some ideas, so here you go:

Bowling
Basically in this minigame a single person would spawn a ball, shoot it with a rocket launcher and see how many non-moving people (or bots if possible) they could crush.

Variations
After the bowler had either bowled twice or achieved a strike, the people getting crushed would all get rocket launchers and a ball, and, to make it harder for them to crush the bowler, the bowler would be allowed limited movement and a spear.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _______

Volley Ball
Some people get rocket launchers, works much like normal volley ball, they use rocket launchers to keep from getting crushed or allowing the ball to hit the ground on their side. The ball would spawn on top of the net.

Variations
Crush-Ball; you try to kill each other by shooting the ball over the net and onto someone

Soccer
The rules are much like soccer, people get handguns to shoot the ball that spawns in the middle, there are 2 goalies, if they get crushed it counts as a blocked ball and they get to use a rocket launcher to propel the ball.

Variations
Everyone trys to crush each other with the ball, team with most crushes wins.
Variation 2; After a game, the losing team spawns in the referee box and trys to kill him/her.

[EDIT]Here are a couple more lame/impossible suggestions for you to dismiss quietly.

Checkers
First a board is created, then, you use bots as pieces, the bots would have to take chat commands and be able to notice an invalid move (i.e. You say: "A4 B3" which would move the bot to a different position)

Tag
You, or a bot  chases around other players trying to tag them, you get jetpack, they don't, when someone is tagged they can't move for a few seconds to allow the tagger to run away.

Variations
Missile Tag, A rocket is shot, you then use it like a constantly forward moving vehicle, whoever gets tagged becomes the rocket and is launched from a remote launcher; Variation 2: The Missile is Nuclear and you try to do some island hopping, the chased either have no jetpack or a very weak one.[/EDIT]

That's all I can think of at the moment, if you'd like to post more suggestions, ideas or comments/criticisms just post. Most of the ideas I suggested are possible currently.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 02:53:27 PM by Mike951 »

Bowling is fun with the new grav gun by space.

There is a tag mod, I think. Except I don't think it comes with bots. I think it's just human vs. human bots.

this is one of my ideas

GravBall
You star with gravity guns and try to kill the other players. The way you kill the other players is you launch the ball into the players using the gravity gun. You start out with no jets.

Vairation insted use Hand gernades as the launcher. Turn of weapon damage.

sorry also about the gravball thing you are in a 128x 128 x40 room made out of semi trans red bricks.

Also about the variation there are different wepons inside and still no weapon damage.

Soccer. Done.

My server has kickable soccerballs.

Complementary of aloshi.

I assume you kick the soccer ball by clicking it am i correct?