Author Topic: Stealing my Island ThrowMod Build - Darkmaster/Winner, me!!!, and MARBLE MAN  (Read 2821 times)

I don't understand why everybody needs to use my build for their Throwing Gamemode. I saw someone, used the same Idea as mine, but made their own build and it was tons of fun(Elite Soldier). I don't mind if they use my idea, but it frustrates me when they have to use my build. This is three people in the past week that I know of hosted my build.
(Click for bigger photos)

To start, Winner[BL_ID:115] hosted it.

I saw this, and then sent him a PM asking why he is hosting my build. He responds saying Darkmaster[BL_ID:11788] loaded it and that it is his fault.

Oh yes sorry, Heedicalking told me about it. I'll explain it for you;
I was hosting the Throwmod with another map I made, it was a caves map with allot of lava where you could throw people in. People began to complain about that they want a more open map. So I told them I would build it later. But then this guy Darkmaster showed up and told me he made a cool island build  and told me that I could use it. So I decided to give him permission to load it. He loaded it and it was your island build. I had no idea that it was yours, I also have never seen you ingame. Anyways I'm sorry I will stop hosting it.

Darkmaster is the actual thief

(Click to see it in actual size)

Next, I saw Tiny2's drama, on me!!![BL_ID:8995]'s server, which has a picture of the ninja build on my map.

And Finally, MARBLE MAN[BL_ID:10103] hosted it this morning, and as far as I know is still hosting it, as of 7/17/2011 2:20 PM Mountain Time.

So, that's the three people that I know of that has hosted it. Me and Monkeyboy(With help from a few others) built it, and everybody is just taking it like its their own.

I asked Marble and Tiny why they were hosting your map.
Both of them didn't reply. :I

What is this "throwmod" gamemode.

It sounds interesting.

Unfortunately, there is little you can do to prevent people from saving and loading your bricks.
And once the server is up, there is even less you can do to get them to stop hosting it.

Luckily you've gotten Winner to agree to stop hosting it, so that's a start, but unless the other people who do decide to host it listen to you, you can't do much.

It would seem that the most you can do is come to terms with the fact that other people are using it, and just get on.
Personally, I take it as a sign of appreciation for my build if someone else uses it, even if they claim it as their own.
I'm generally glad that people enjoy my build enough to want it to be theirs.

ANyway, you can continue to add to it and whatnot, or build bigger and better.
At the end of the day, you've built a great map, that evidently other people like, and you've got the chance to continue to expand it and make it better.
These people hosting it now aren't going to be playing with any updated versions you do, since you're still updating.
You can make yours better and theirs outdated.

Although, it is an awful shame that other people are claiming your build and using it without permission, but nothing can be done about it.
It's just one of those things that you shall have to put up. Just try to keep on going, and look at the bright side.

What is this "throwmod" gamemode.

It sounds interesting.
The throwmod allows players to pick up other players and throw them. Put together the rest

But your Co-op map is the best!

Unfortunately, there is little you can do to prevent people from saving and loading your bricks.
And once the server is up, there is even less you can do to get them to stop hosting it.

Luckily you've gotten Winner to agree to stop hosting it, so that's a start, but unless the other people who do decide to host it listen to you, you can't do much.

It would seem that the most you can do is come to terms with the fact that other people are using it, and just get on.
Personally, I take it as a sign of appreciation for my build if someone else uses it, even if they claim it as their own.
I'm generally glad that people enjoy my build enough to want it to be theirs.

ANyway, you can continue to add to it and whatnot, or build bigger and better.
At the end of the day, you've built a great map, that evidently other people like, and you've got the chance to continue to expand it and make it better.
These people hosting it now aren't going to be playing with any updated versions you do, since you're still updating.
You can make yours better and theirs outdated.

Although, it is an awful shame that other people are claiming your build and using it without permission, but nothing can be done about it.
It's just one of those things that you shall have to put up. Just try to keep on going, and look at the bright side.

I am going to do this. Thank you.

Yeah, i noticed this to.

I am going to do this. Thank you.
and maybe ban the people who you know are hosting it ( except winner ) so they dont host the new version too.

Funny, I was admin on his server before I learned this.

I was on MARBLE's yesterday and I saw this. He added a bunch of rainbow bricks that gave you shotguns, cubes that were hard to jump on, changed the playertype, and added a big white tower for double jumps. When I asked him about it, he said a bunch of bullstuff about changing it and making it his, his logic making it seem like a derivative work that he could rightfully claim and use.

I was on MARBLE's yesterday and I saw this. He added a bunch of rainbow bricks that gave you shotguns, cubes that were hard to jump on, changed the playertype, and added a big white tower for double jumps. When I asked him about it, he said a bunch of bullstuff about changing it and making it his; his logic making it seem like a derivative work that he could rightfully claim and use.

trying to modfiy?
I'm not used to drama and it's no-edit policy anymore. It's like a dark alley where tipping over one garbage can piss off all the armed neighbors, who don't care if you clean up.

unknown blockhead stole it too, and forcekills anyone who kills him