Author Topic: Small Desert Building.  (Read 2572 times)

Small Desert Building - By : Draith / I'm_AFK.

Last year, I had the idea of creating a small 64x64 plate build, consisting of realistic terrain & building. The outcome of this build was actually rather nice with a few lighting effects. The idea developed after I watched a few videos & played some Medal of Honor. Going from there, I decided to stop being lazy, and worked on this. After two hours, and a whole load of music playing, I finally finished this thing at around 9:30 p.m. It is a bit of a shame that I hadn't added on to it...Oh well, pictures for ju' all.

Exterior / Covering Barrels.

Interior.

Out-look

Thanks for checking out the build. You may rate 0 - 10 if you'd like.

Very very very hot.
Although the roof looks snow-covered?

The roof was ment to be more of a covering sheet, not really a roof at best. Although, yeah...It looks like snow.

terrain is beautiful.

I have yet to make terrain that looks like that.

terrain is beautiful.

I have yet to make terrain that looks like that.
Thanks, but that terrain took me the majority of the two hours. Lol, it's quite a pain.

I'd give it a 7/10.
This is one of those rare builds to give a decent view on.

It looks very nice and impressive and all the colors merge very well. From what I can make out my main suggestions would be to add more shape to the building - as it's just square. It also lacks detail. Sure you have the board-like texture but it's plain.

The terrain is alright. That grassy affect was a nice touch to it. That and the two varying shades of brown.

With the pictures being DOF it's hard to make out some of the more fine detail. I'd like to see a picture of the interior and the stuff gathered outside in a non-DOF format. Maybe a view of the roof.

Very nice job overall. gj

I luv it but the 2nd photo is too blurry.And I got bad eyesight bro.

I like EndGame's terrain with this style in his NWB app, I think it was, you did the same thing pretty well.

One moment, I will take a few pictures of the Roof, along with interior. Please be patient. It may take a minute.

Bird Eye's view / Overlook of the 'roof'.

Simple Interior with Rug that costs only $19.95.

The old-skool' Radio, another aset to the building.

The little inside look with a notable ladder.

That should cover what was missing.

That roof is loveier than I thought it would be. Very nice job with that.

As for the interior, I like the items strewn around the place. They fit very nicely. The rug is okay, as is the radio. I can't put my finger on it but it looks odd. The only thing that I dislike is how thick the ladder is.

Still a mighty fine job.

That roof is loveier than I thought it would be. Very nice job with that.

As for the interior, I like the items strewn around the place. They fit very nicely. The rug is okay, as is the radio. I can't put my finger on it but it looks odd. The only thing that I dislike is how thick the ladder is.

Still a mighty fine job.
Thanks. I kind of figured that about the ladder for a while...Althought I wasn't sure what to do with it...

Why the color choices?

Why the color choices?
I thought Blur's Selective was a good way to go with this build. It had around 4 - 5 unique colors that make grass seem 'to life', with the simple olive color combinations. The Desert style was a mixture of sand-based colors all placed in the same row. I thought they made certain builds turn out much nicer when I did a comparison to some different colorsets. Anyhow, that's a few reasons why I used those colors as a choice.