Author Topic: Request for vehicle eject  (Read 539 times)

Everyone has seen this in the movies.  Some dude is about to crash, he ejects and parachutes down to safety.  I feel we need this.

I know that you can exit the vehicles with the default right mouse button but that just puts you on the outside of the collision box and when in a plane, you usually die from colliding with it.  I want a mod that when you eject from it, you get ejected from the vehicle faster and further away than normally.

This would be epic if people wanted to make accurate films, interesting dogfights, and spy stuff.  I don't know, I jut want it.

It sounds like a pretty cool idea.

I think this should work with the crash mod. Kind of like what happens in Wii Sports Resort upon crashing.

I'm sure you could do this with VCE.
Tested and yes you can.

Onactivate>Self>FireRelay
OnRelay>Self>FireRelay
OnRealy>Self>IfValue>[<var:pl:jetting>] [>=] [1]
OnVariableTrue>Player>SetVelocity> [0] [0] [50]

Then just use the parachute item for the parachute.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:23:03 PM by GenaralSkar »

I think he's looking for a script.
With VCE and jetting, if you actually have jets, it'll mess things up.
Also, this means that you could make giant jumps all the time; you could even just float if you wanted. You could do this with VCE to make sure that doesn't happen, but there still remains the issue of needing people to click it.

I think he's looking for a script.
With VCE and jetting, if you actually have jets, it'll mess things up.
Also, this means that you could make giant jumps all the time; you could even just float if you wanted. You could do this with VCE to make sure that doesn't happen, but there still remains the issue of needing people to click it.

[0]Onactivate>Self>FireRelay
[1]OnRelay>Self>FireRelay
[2]OnRealy>Self>IfValue>[<var:pl:jetting>] [>=] [1] [3 3]
[3]OnVariableTrue>Player>IfVariable>[jet] [>=] [1] [4 5]
[4]OnVariableFalse>Player>SetVelocity>[0] [0] [50]
[5]OnVariableFalse>Player>ModVariable>[jet] [set] [1]

That makes it where you can only eject once until you reset the variable jet to 0.

What about automatic parachute?

onvehicleleave - player - setvelocity - 0 0 (however far you want to be thrown)

Done.

is there an OnVehicleLeave event?

is there an OnVehicleLeave event?
Yes, but it is also triggered when someone cycles out of the driver's seat

Yes, but it is also triggered when someone cycles out of the driver's seat
...and it's not default to boot.

onvehicleleave - player - setvelocity - 0 0 (however far you want to be thrown)

Problem is that if you want to leave the vehicle without the ejection, just getting out.

That's another thing.  I find it annoying and unrealistic that when you exit a vehicle in blockland, you exit on the top above the same spot no matter what seat you were in.  This I think would be where an added part of eject would be.  When the player leaves the vehicle, the player ends up on the outside of where the player was sitting.