Author Topic: Paintable vehicles with windows  (Read 1292 times)

Any windows I make will tint the color you painted the vehicle, yet if you keep the color blank it will stay the same.

I made an example of this

First is not painted, second is painted red, third is yellow. See how the part that is transparent blue change color.

How would I make the window stay the same color even when I paint the vehicle? In this case make it stay a transparent blue.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 05:45:27 PM by Crysist »

The "glass" texture must be a non-transparent texture itself.

ex.
The "Blank"  texture is 100% transparent, and will take in full color when painted.
The "black50" texture is 50% transparent, 50% solid black. will be 50% darker color when painted.
The "black" texture is 0% transparent, and 100% black. Painting will have no effect.

So for the effect you want to get, try using a blue texture that is 0% transparent. If this ends up being TOO blue, then just darken the color until satisfied

The "glass" texture must be a non-transparent texture itself.

ex.
The "Blank"  texture is 100% transparent, and will take in full color when painted.
The "black50" texture is 50% transparent, 50% solid black. will be 50% darker color when painted.
The "black" texture is 0% transparent, and 100% black. Painting will have no effect.

So for the effect you want to get, try using a blue texture that is 0% transparent. If this ends up being TOO blue, then just darken the color until satisfied
Isn't the whole idea of a window to be transparent?

Isn't the whole idea of a window to be transparent?
Transparency is done through the export.

If he is using milkshape, to create transparency, on exporting via dtsplus he clicks the name of the texture in the material editor, clicks the edit button, and then clicks the checkmark options "Transparent" and "Additive"

The attachment is the texture i use for windows on my vehicles. It is completely solid, but in-game it is transparent, and has a slight greenish tint to it. It also does not take in any paint color.

The attachment is the texture i use for windows on my vehicles. It is completely solid, but in-game it is transparent, and has a slight greenish tint to it. It also does not take in any paint color.
How?

How?
The color is solid. However, that part of the mesh is transparent.

transparency in the texture file determines if it will be colorable or not. exporter transparency determines if it is clear or not