Author Topic: Problems with Building.  (Read 604 times)

Ok, i know there is lots of topics of this, but none of them help me.

When i start building something, very rarely i finish it at once, but mostly i get bored and go do something else. Building doesn't get me busy in anyway. I finished most of my saves, but it usually takes a long time to finish whatever I'm doing. Ive got a TDM to build and some other things i forgot because i left them WIP for so long. I need some help so i carry on building non - stop. I usually build with music on, but that doesn't help me.
Also i don't know if this belongs in help.

~K3k0m@n
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:05:59 PM by K3k0m@n »

Get really pissed off at your build, then finish it.
It worx for me.

Get really pissed off at your build, then finish it.
It worx for me.
Allready tried, didnt work.

I had this problem, here's how to solve it.

You cannot physically build if you do not want to build. Get inspiration from images from the internet. And what really helped me was to go to a free build server, and look at the spammy horrible builds, build a build next to that build.

"Wow, my build looks way better than that piece of crap."

Tried that a long time ago, didnt solve it.

Playing music while you build provides a bit of encouragement, depending on the mood you're in. I've finished more builds with music, than without music...

I usally build with music on, but that dosent help me.

Easy - When you start to feel bored of building and feel like doing something else, get a timer, set it to around 30-50 minutes, maybe 20, then do something else and entertain yourself. When the timer rings, start to give yourself a mental flashback of your progress - don't open Blockland just yet. Visualize what you remember building. Now, visualize the completed project of what you want to build.

Open Blockland and compare the differences between what you remember building, what the finished version will look like, and what it looks like once you've taken a break from it.

I mainly use this strategy with writing stories, but it's worked for building too.