Poll

Is a Badspot text interview a good idea?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Badspot interview! (Send in your questions)  (Read 10402 times)

I want questions, not math equations or you arguing with your buddy.

20.00 x 30,000 isn't a small income....

You said something wrong, we corrected it, and you're mad anyone brought up math when it was you getting the numbers wrong and therefore primed to think falsely. Shut up.

20.00 x 30,000 isn't a small income....

im sure since retail. he pockets like a generous 100k a year from bl income. its nice

until....
his gambling habits...
and paying child support for 8 kids.
and alimony for 2 x-wives.
internet research subscriptions. we are talking monthly subscriptions to like 50 websites.

im sure since retail. he pockets like a generous 100k a year from bl income. its nice

until....
his gambling habits...
and paying child support for 8 kids.
and alimony for 2 x-wives.
internet research subscriptions. we are talking monthly subscriptions to like 50 websites.
you crack me up.

Do you have any long term goals for blockland?  And if you do, what are they?

The Questions (16 total)
--------------------------------------------
Gen. Hothauser: "How have you avoided law suits with the Lego company when you advertise yourself as 'It's like playing with legos on the internet.'? Where you use kids' Lego obsessions to further your economic gain and online status."

Mega-Bear: "I'm curious as to how he became a developer and decided TGE was best for him."

Mattnett1: "Do you have another job other then Blockland?'

Gen- Blockland used to be fully lego and used lego textures in the original blockland, however it was free to play and didnt require any money for any features therefore LEGO couldn't sue. Badspot had plans to make retail lego-like however he tossed the idea and changed it to avoid legal issues.

Mega - As for the latter half, TGE is the best engine to use for indie designers and the least time consuming.

Mattnett1 - He works for Garage Games.

Steam is a CPU eater. Making it a requirement to run your Blockland would be hell. Transferring over ID lists and creating compatibility would be a pain. Just not worth it at this time.
He could just do it like Settlers 5 does. That is, simply sell the non-Steam version on Steam too, as well as retail, etc.
That way people with "older" computers could just download the "completely" non-Steam version from bl.us and use the key provided by Steam.

This wouldn't be very much work either.

Where do you think Blockland will be in 5-10 years?

Where do you think Blockland will be in 5-10 years?

mrlol: "Will he continue updating Blockland?"

I would like to know what he thinks of well known add-on makers, like [gsf]Ghost, phydeoux, zack0wack0,
Space Guy and others.
I would also like to know what he thinks of RTB and why he thinks it rose above the other mods in the early
days.

I would also like to know what he thinks of RTB and why he thinks it rose above the other mods in the early days.

1: Why are you randomly making new lines?
2: He works with Ephialtes all the time. v20 is going to have an engine fix to accommodate RTB4.
3: It never rose above any mods in the early days. AiO died because all they did was port in Torque content to the point they had race car toilets and fake boobs. TBM was still active past Retail but kept away from the main community. BLM simply died out. But RTB didn't rise above any of them, it just survived in the mainstream.

Why would Badspot be the one talking about that anyway?

If it hasn't been ask yes.
"Is there gonna be a sequel to Blockland on a brand new superior gaming engine?"
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 05:14:24 PM by 3dgamerman »

I think I know what you are talking about.

Is it this one?

Dear god he sounds so lulzy.

Dear god he sounds so lulzy.
I know.
I expected a lower tone of voice.