Poll

Is my mom being reasonable or is she being overprotective?

Reasonable
10 (16.1%)
Overprotective
52 (83.9%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: I'm seriously getting tired of my mom bugging me about playing killing games.  (Read 17325 times)

And her ex-boyfriend (the one with CoD4) gave me Halo 2 and The Suffering while he stopped at our house to get some stuff. We were on vacation.
So, I hid them in my drawer where nobody looks.
My mom doesn't check on me, look on my computer, check my browsing history or anything.

CoD4? Get Mw2! you newb! Im kidding. I like CoD4 almost as much as Mw2. So many people hack mod  it now.

CoD4? Get Mw2! you newb! Im kidding. I like CoD4 almost as much as Mw2. So many people hack mod  it now.
CoD4 > MW2
No exceptions, no discussions.

but mom, what if a big dragon actually does attack me in real life and i don't know the combos to beat it with!?

but mom, what if a big dragon actually does attack me in real life and i don't know the combos to beat it with!?
reminds me of that one kid who scared away some animal using WoW taunts and saved his sister
of course, he was canadian

reminds me of that one kid who scared away some animal using WoW taunts and saved his sister
of course, he was canadian
I'm Canadian.  :cookieMonster:

CoD4 > MW2
No exceptions, no discussions.

I honestly like MW2 more. More variety in weapons, and yes some mechanics of the game are rather broken and thus abused, but if you KNOW about that you can avoid the frustration.

I honestly like MW2 more. More variety in weapons, and yes some mechanics of the game are rather broken and thus abused, but if you KNOW about that you can avoid the frustration.
Yeah.. Spawntubing in search: flank behind. Dont walk out into the tubing area.

does she own the game, or do you? and if she owns it, well then forget, you're screwed. if you own it, tell her to forget off and if she doesn't change her attitude maybe there really will be some actual killing. :cookie:

does she own the game, or do you? and if she owns it, well then forget, you're screwed. if you own it, tell her to forget off and if she doesn't change her attitude maybe there really will be some actual killing. :cookie:
Wouldn't that prove her point?

My mom always told me just to remember that they were games. Killing games never affected me!

>has been posting on a building game forum for 3 years

Wouldn't that prove her point?
points are useless if you're not in control.

I asked her for my copy of Mercinaries for Xbox that she took away. She said no, and she yelled at me for playing killing games and said whoever makes those games should be strung up by their balls. She said if I wanted to play killing games that I should join the army and get my head blown off.
That's real loving nice. I know she's doing it for my own good, but for forget sakes, I'm not going to turn into a killer. I can't stand people dying in real life.
Not even my mum is that crazily angry with killing games.
I'm 11 and I have Crysis 2. And L4D2. And COD Black Ops (dont play it much, though..)

She just says "I don't believe in those kinds of games"

Uh, what's there to believe in? It's a game.

And her other excuse is "They aren't games"
Yeah.
Right.
And if I tell her they're just entertaining (because a game is supposed to be entertaining) "Oh, killing people is entertaining?"
What about religion?  :cookieMonster: