1 (7.7%)
Ok
7 (53.8%)
Bad
2 (15.4%)
stuff
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: 1700s Battle  (Read 1709 times)

So I was getting bored with all my modern RP's I had made and I don't really like Space RP's alot, So I decided I'd try to do a 1700s RP. I chose 1700s because I knew there was a few musket add-ons. I chose to use the flintlock because people would double tap q and use it as a machine gun. -.-" So anyways The RP failed anyways, So I made this TDM instead.

I chose to use the british as one team mainly because they were a pretty big nation in the 1700s. I chose France for the other team because I asked my friend and he said france, Plus in a game I own Empires total war I always attacked France first :3

British Base:

Just outside the British fort is a trench, Infront of the trench are stakes which will kill horses if they run into them.

This house is a little closer to the british base, I removed the JVS windows so you could shoot out of them.

I forgot what these are called but they were made so when horses stepped on them they would jam into the horses hooves and get stuck in their horseshoes making the horses fall.

This is just some "Ruined" Tower? ontop of a hill. Not sure what I was going for here but... Meh...

This is just a farm my friend made :D

My friend also made pretty much the whole french base because he wanted to help... So I let him :DD

Please tell me what you think, Any improvements I can make, ideas? Anything. Feel free to rate.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:30:24 AM by needle44 »

Somewhat bland terrain. More hills or the sort?

Also, as a general rule don't use bricks to make a "human", use bots and bot events instead.

That loving guy is bigger than the house

Nice 7 foot tall person.

GRAMMAR. DO YOU HAVE IT.

ontopic: The buildings are really boxy and ewwy-looking, but the idea is semi-original.

It's not too bad.

I'd be interested in an Aerial view of the map.

Since you're going for a Deathmatch, you want to consider a few things.
You're having a few flintlock guns and muskets.
Swords, bows, spears and axes.

So, you want each side to have a few things to accomodate this people.
A couple of lookout towers on either base makes sense, and can house an archer.

You want a couple of battlefields where sword fighting can take place.
But, it has to be an area where it's not so easy to just shoot everyone.
A tight area, surrounded by some high hills prevents gunmen standing at the sides and shooting inwards.
It also means that people in the centre with guns, are going to have a hard-time against swords men jumping around them.

You've got horse back troops fighting.
So, you want them to be able to have an area in which they can fight each other.
You want atleast one large open area for cavalry to run down people and for troops to shoot each other or fight with swords.

You don't want to keep the troops in one area.
You don't want everyone fighting in one place, and you don't want everyone spawning in their bases.
Set up some spawns around the map.
This way, people can't be trapped in their base.

Think about how you would want the game to play.
And how you would imagine you can give everyone a chance.
And build, while thinking of these.

I like your build so far, but if it's a Deathmatch you're building, you just need to make sure that it's fair for everyone and enjoyable.
But, well done so far.

GRAMMAR. DO YOU HAVE IT?

Anyway, what guns are you using for this?

Just a flintlock,Shortsword... Not much. The problem is the flintlocks still fire way to fast.