AI traffic

Poll

?!?

RP
DM
Freebuild
zombie survival
Lol I don't play multiplayer

Author Topic: AI traffic  (Read 2251 times)

Okay for all dem cooky RP's out there (I don't know how to work with RP crap cause i'm lazy) I think RP's would be so much better with AI traffic.

Basically you would just put down a vechile of any sort name it then go to the road intersection or something and name it then so on and so forth.... then event the vechile spawn with some new events for traffic ad the vechile would travel to the first then the second... so on and so forth!

[Place picture here]    sorry photo bucket  isn't uploading my hand made picture!

A node event or something thn after the vechile would go to the entire cycle of nodes after that it would respawn and restart or just go back to the spawn and restart   

Adding multiple amounts of these could easily make a whole city of traffic! Which would be a nice touch to RP's out there

Making vehicles move like that is difficult.

I saw in one server, a guy made essentially an air corridor that planes would fly through. It was very simple, he had invisible spawns high up and far away, and when they spawned, a set velocity event was started with made the plane fly across the area. When it was out of sight, the plane was re spawned and started again. This was done with multiple planes on different delays. I would imagine something similar could be done with road vehicles?

Vehicles cannot propel even through script.
They need to be bots in order to move by script.

However you may be able to stick a bot in a vehicle and have it drive.

They need to be bots in order to move by script.

However you may be able to stick a bot in a vehicle and have it drive.
This. Put a bot in a vehicle, event it to drive from brick to brick, and do it with multiple vehicles.

I dont know about turning or or any other visual features but you could create a series of small additions to velocity to propel the vehicle forward with relays...

Don't bots fail in vehicles?

We need bot nodes.
Like in Source, pathnodes stuff like that.

NODE GUN.

Don't bots fail in vehicles?

I've had many a good bot drive me through the city. It's pretty funny, really.

They need to be bots in order to move

Wrong sir, I have done this before with vehicles, well going straight.  But I did forget about the bot-in-vehicle thing and had forgotten that I had tested this before.

But ya, use bots for this.  It would make the traffic look for realistic anyway.

If you can get a bot AI that can drive a car only along the road and have the bot drive at slow speeds to prevent crashing then I think this could work.

Blastdown's brickcar drives at slow speeds and it's easy to make turns and drive on one lane.

I've actually been meaning to have bots drive at ridiculous speeds for fun city tdm shenanigans.

It would be more hard then finding the debt releif in the US. 

I don't think it's that hard to program a bot to drive on the right side of the road.

I don't think it's that hard to program a bot to drive on the right side of the road.
Oh its you...

But it would be.