Should gay marriage be allowed?

Yes
55 (67.1%)
No
18 (22%)
I don't have an opinion
9 (11%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Gay Marriage  (Read 14764 times)

An awesome one.  Why?
Well, just checking because you can't cut the hair around your temples.

Well, just checking because you can't cut the hair around your temples.
DID YOU KNOW THAT SATAN WORSHIPERS HAVE TO PUT A "~STATIN LOVS U" AFTER EVERYTHING THEY SAY?

DID YOU KNOW THAT SATAN WORSHIPERS HAVE TO PUT A "~STATIN LOVS U" AFTER EVERYTHING THEY SAY?
No we don't!
~STATIN LOVS U

No we don't!
~STATIN LOVS U
oh srry thnx 4 being onest

I guess my question is why do some Christians believe that the US government, an organization that represents all of the citizens of the country, should codify and legally enforce what amounts to a religious law that a portion of the population holds to be true, when the people who are violating this religious law are not infringing on your rights or otherwise hurting you in anyway? Why should people who do not believe in your God have to do the things your God tells them to? Or on the flip side, what about people who do believe in your God but do not interpret the text the same way as you do? Why should they have to do what you want them to?

I guess my question is why do some Christians believe that the US government, an organization that represents all of the citizens of the country, should codify and legally enforce what amounts to a religious law that a portion of the population holds to be true, when the people who are violating this religious law are not infringing on your rights or otherwise hurting you in anyway? Why should people who do not believe in your God have to do the things your God tells them to? Or on the flip side, what about people who do believe in your God but do not interpret the text the same way as you do? Why should they have to do what you want them to?
The United States government was founded on Christianity.

Coincidentally, we have acts that demote any form of religious intolerance.  While christianity has a specific set of rules stating that anyone who isn't a part of the religion, is to be damned.

However, even if that were true, the united states government is an incredibly corrupt system that, currently, only works to benefit the people in it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:52:32 PM by Lalam24 »

Haha, No it wasn't.

Edit: In fact, the forefathers even tried to stay away from it.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:52:00 PM by Riot »

this means they give tax breaks to couples wherein one person is sterile

also adoption counts, right?
I don't know about sterile but adpotions yes

Really? I must have missed the memo, last time I checked the United States was founded the principal that all men were created equally and were endowed by their Creator (whomever that may be) with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

I don't know about sterile but adpotions yes
then gay people can get those tax cuts because they can adopt just as much as straight couples(albeit the adoption agency may hesitate)

Straight people make gay babies.
You can make your own conclusion.

I have this question too and I am a Christian. The New testament morals should be obeyed by an open heart willing to obey, not enforced on everyone.

Straight people make gay babies.

I see what you did there.

Really? I must have missed the memo, last time I checked the United States was founded the principal that all men were created equally and were endowed by their Creator (whomever that may be) with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Enlightenment ideals?

TL;DR America is corrupt.