Rise of the planet of the apes!

Author Topic: Rise of the planet of the apes!  (Read 3873 times)

This is the original Planet of the Apes. It's pretty stuff to be honest, because film making has evolved so much since then it really can't hold a candle to what we have today.

How well did the 2001 remake do with their high definition cameras and their expensive special effects? The remake is terrible and it couldn't live up to the classic even with all the special effects. The original movie was a classic by it's acting, plot, scenery, etc. It didn't need cheap special effects.

This is like trying to say CoD is the best shooter because it has better graphics than previous first person shooter games because they didn't have the technology back then.

I think you should kindly get out of this thread.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:50:46 PM by Lørd Tøny »

And the 2001 remake did great because of all their high definition cameras and their expensive CGI? The remake is terrible. The original movie was a classic by it's acting, plot, scenery, etc. It didn't need cheap special effects.

It's not loving Gone with the Wind, the movie hasn't aged well at all. The acting wouldn't even be considered mediocre by today's standards, the costumes rely too much on the viewer's imagination to be truly immersive, and the production value, by today's standards, is sub-par. Granted it was probably pretty cool in 1968, but you weren't even an itch in your dad's pants in 1968, you weren't there when it was cool. All you're doing is throwing stuff from the sidelines trying to start a bandwagon.

This is like trying to say CoD is the best shooter because it has better graphics than previous FPS games from the past because they didn't have the technology back then.

Any normal person will enjoy Black Ops more than they would Doom. I'm just sayin'

If the remake is so damn good how come it has nothing but terrible reviews?

Any normal person will enjoy Black Ops more than they would Doom. I'm just sayin'

You mean any new generation friend that wouldn't know a good game if it bite them on the ass.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:55:22 PM by Lørd Tøny »

James Franco is in it and he is a beast.

Oh and here's another good example. The original Willy Wonka film and Tim Burton's remake on the Willy Wonka film.

Oh and here's another good example. The original Willy Wonka film and Tim Burton's remake on the Willy Wonka film.
I actually agree with this one lol.

I actually agree with this one lol.

Really? The new one is actually a lot closer to the book and was definitely funner to watch. :\

Really? The new one is actually a lot closer to the book and was definitely funner to watch. :\

And yet it still sucked, anyone noticing a theme going on? There is a back to the future remake coming up, would you like to pretend that will do better than the original film?

It's probably going to have even more stupid CGI sequences and ways to appeal to the new generation of today like having rap music everywhere and your sterotypical black kid who is friends with Marty.

Idk. I guess I just liked the first one better because I watched it a lot as a little kid.

Stocking in 20 years from now they will remake one of your favorite movies and will be bitching about it.

Stocking in 20 years from now they will remake one of your favorite movies and will be bitching about it.

They're making a prequel to Lord of the Rings, it's going to be badass. The remade the Batman movies and it was badass. And it's not the same thing, you weren't around for the original Planet of the Apes and somehow it's your favorite movie and it's better than the superior remake and the upcoming prequel.

I thought it was obvious how great the original was and always will be.

Oh and this is one of the many reasons Stocking should die.

They're making a prequel to Lord of the Rings, it's going to be badass. The remade the Batman movies and it was badass. And it's not the same thing, you weren't around for the original Planet of the Apes and somehow it's your favorite movie and it's better than the superior remake and the upcoming prequel.

Stocking those Dark Knight movies aren't remakes I already loving told you this. It's a completely different series. By the way they are already coming up with a new batman reboot in a few years.

Remaking is taking the original and updating it. The Dark Knight movies are their own original series.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:47:05 PM by Lørd Tøny »