Author Topic: Were my parents judgement rightful?  (Read 3452 times)

mothers clearly dumb. engage entry.

On a side not this happens to me too. I closed a steam tab when my mother sat down beside me. And she seriously asked me what I was hiding. She then preceeded to discuss it with my dad. I saw her talking about it with him but luckily I stopped it before anything got out of hand and I explained what I was doing to her. Too bad she still questions me to this day.
It should be no surprise that I know exactly what you are talking about.


its their job to prepare you for adulthood. to be a person that functions well in society and can take care of himself.
but many parents dont know WHEN to see anything more then a baby when they deal with their kids. even years later as they mature.
this quite literally means; they dont respect you.

im not saying you have to slap your mom across the face and expect her to call you sir. but jesus christ you cant just continue to fear and depend on her.
its easy to assume shes always right when you are 5 years old and need her. but part of growing up is demanding respect when it belongs there.
you arent 5 any more. rules have logic and reason to them. and its her responsibility to teach you how to decipher the logic; not just list off rules.
life isnt about memorizing good and bad. you have to grow the forget up. you are at the age where she has to teach. not tell.
if she cant do that; then she cant be trusted. and you just taking the punishment without any question is going to make you a bitch as an adult lol.
I guess this is where culture crashes into reasoning huh?

i love punishments of getting privileges and things taken away.
the logic of being forced to do something when you have nothing left to lose is laughable.

the real result to this kind of "punishment", is that you are paying for misbehavings in the future that have yet to happen, or never will.
its about this time when kids lose respect for parents to. because there isnt a lesson to be learned anymore. its an ignorant parents desperate attempt to simply upset the kid as a "revenge" act. its not about teaching anymore, its about making the parent feel better. lol

what you should do?
well if swearing is what they hate. and they are pre-punishing you;
then you owe them some filthy language. remember you have nothing to lose now. get what is owed to you.

I agree with this. Well put Bisjac.

Im sorry, im a a sad panda
                :panda:

lol asian mom
you're screwed bro


White parents are the best.

My dad looked through my text messages on my old phone which I forgot to erase and saw I used the f word, only got a warning :)

Wow, thats like punishing you for your friend stealing something from someone else while you just sat and watched. Your mom needs to go stick it in her pooper.

I'm 17, and my parents still flip out over curse words.

Warning - while you were reading 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Ok, the point is this:

Your mom is wrong for judging you based upon the actions of others.

Case closed. Now like some of the other players said: have one of those Dr. Phil-like sit down moments and discuss.


It doesn't seem logical to punish one's offspring for language that they're hearing.

This is why nobody cares when 40 Chinese people get killed