Author Topic: Windows has a lot of great features.  (Read 1251 times)

Microsoft really knows what gamers want.

Today I found a really awesome key they added. Let's say you're making some cool fort in Garry's mod, but want to leave without saving all your hard work. Simply press the Windows key! Not only does it immediately exit you from your game, you can't open up the game window again. And the best part is that you will often accidentally press it, so you don't even have to think about losing all your progress in a game because Windows does it for you.  Isn't that neat?

Also, I love the caps lock. It's like the shift key, but all the letters you type after hitting it are CAPITALIZED. This is really great for gaming, because of it's spot on the keyboard. You will often accidentally press it, and then when you attempt to talk to people, you will have to retype about half of your message once you realize that it is all caps. This is useful in FPS and MMO games, where a delayed message could get you killed. Want to request backup? After you are forced to retype your message, you won't need backup because you're already dead!

Isn't Microsoft wonderful?

Solution to the windows key problem:
Keep the game in windowed mode.

Oh! Oh! I also love how if you alt-tab out of some full-screen games, it destroys your work anyway because the game freezes up!

The people at Microsoft are gods. We should write a bible about them!

>_> You loving friends. Go to hell, Gates!

You people realize that Microsoft doesn't control the application industry and that the game creators could just lock down the Windows key to not work correct? Valve wants to keep it there though so whatever.
Valve also made capslock not work on Source games if I remember correctly.
All MMOs I play dont really require typing to talk anyways

You do realize that it all really depends on how much RAM you have, and how fast your RAM is?
My computer can almost instantly go from alt-tabbing out of GMod and back into GMod almost instantly. Same with the Windows key.

And it's nowhere near Microsoft's fault. They can't control what applications are built for their OS.

So stop complaining and get more RAM, or live with it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:10:39 AM by Miga »

So stop complaining and get more RAM A better computer, or live with it.
This.

But seriously. Windows wasn't made for all for your every single little loving needs. Instead of crying about how slow an application runs or 2 seconds longer to load, what ever it is, be glad you have a loving computer or can even play Gmod. My friend cant even have a computer.

You do realize that it all really depends on how much RAM you have, and how fast your RAM is?
My computer can almost instantly go from alt-tabbing out of GMod and back into GMod almost instantly. Same with the Windows key.

And it's nowhere near Microsoft's fault. They can't control what applications are built for their OS.

So stop complaining and get more RAM, or live with it.
This is where "more ram" really does apply.

Get a mic to solve the caps lock problem, or realize you can easily say sorry caps after typing out the whole message in caps. Or get better keyboarding skills, besides, they didn't even design your keyboard.

what about games where alt-tab, ctrl alt del and windows key dont minimise it, so when you crash, youre screwed. Far Cry 2 stopped working suring a loading screen and i had to restart just earlier today.

The only bad button microsoft has added to something is  the "call" button on my headset.  I press it, then it gives me a little error thing, after getting out of the game I'm playing.  THere's no way to disable it, unlike the windows key.

Also, I love the caps lock. It's like the shift key, but all the letters you type after hitting it are CAPITALIZED. This is really great for gaming, because of it's spot on the keyboard. You will often accidentally press it, and then when you attempt to talk to people, you will have to retype about half of your message once you realize that it is all caps. This is useful in FPS and MMO games, where a delayed message could get you killed. Want to request backup? After you are forced to retype your message, you won't need backup because you're already dead!

use a god damn mic >_>
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:48:56 AM by Katamari007 »