Author Topic: Extended my computer screen... onto my phone & my tv.  (Read 919 times)

I'm typing this with my computer keyboard while watching it on my phone's screen.
Its pretty simple.
http://www.zoneos.com/zonescreen.htm
If you go there, and download and install the msi installer (and driver it asks to install) for your version of windows, then install any vnc program (I reccomend TightVNC) but not the one they have listed, its buggy as forget.

Connect via a vnc client on your phone, and viola, you have a mini screen. Move your browser over there, whatever the forget you want. If your phone is on the same wifi network (like it should be), you can even play games like this one on it.

/Discuss
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:22:30 PM by Lugnut1206 »

Cool, a whole 10 square inches of extra screen space.

Cool, a whole 10 square inches of extra screen space.
Well, you don't play games on it. You put your windows task manager on it or something small
steam chat maybe

Update. Took my homebrew enabled wii and got a vnc client.
I'm watching fullscreen videos on it and browsing the forums on the other.
C'mon, tell me thats not interesting.
I extend it onto a tv without those computer monitor cables.
ANY TV.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 03:24:47 PM by Lugnut1206 »

Guys. Launch your video card manager, plug in another monitor, and select the other monitor as your secondary monitor.
Right now I'm typing this on my keyboard, and watching it on a monitor!

not quite

12:41 PM - Lugnut1206: now
12:42 PM - Lugnut1206: normally this is a small feat
12:42 PM - Lugnut1206: just get one of those computer monitor cables
12:42 PM - Lugnut1206: plug it into your hdtv
12:42 PM - Lugnut1206: no big deal right
12:42 PM - Lugnut1206: but I don't have a hdtv
12:42 PM - Lugnut1206: so I'm using my wii
Computer uses zonescreen and vnc server
wii connects to vnc and plays it on the screen
computer goes to tv with audio cable
I have video and sound on my tv
the point im trying to emphasize is that anyone with a wii can do this

Will this work on my iPod?

if there are vnc clients on the ipod app store or whatever its called

forget. Nope, can't find the hostname. Son of a bitch.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:33:17 PM by HelplessNobb88 »

at my friends house, they got some fat early 90s large screen tv on the floor. (like one of them 400X whatever resolutions) that they plug the comp into, to put like netflix on or something for the room.
while on top of that tv they have a modern 35inch 1080p flatscreen. that is only for the xbox.

when no one is using the xbox and the good tv is off. it blows my mind when they still stream movies on the stuffty ass tv lol

Yes. I have controlled my iPod with my computer and my computer with my iPod before, it's pretty cool.

at my friends house, they got some fat early 90s large screen tv on the floor. (like one of them 400X whatever resolutions) that they plug the comp into, to put like netflix on or something for the room.
while on top of that tv they have a modern 35inch 1080p flatscreen. that is only for the xbox.

when no one is using the xbox and the good tv is off. it blows my mind when they still stream movies on the stuffty ass tv lol

If it is a Trinitron tv (or a Diamondtron or Quadricon rip-off) it might be as good as a modern LCD TV.