Author Topic: Euclideon Island Demo 2011: Say Goodbye to Polygons  (Read 4171 times)

I think it looks like garbage anyways so nice job making a new system that does nothing.
someone's blind.

the topic name makes no loving sense.
"say goodbye to polygons"
he already said they were still using polygons, just thousands and thousands of them that form voxels.

he already said they were still using polygons, just thousands and thousands of them that form voxels.
way to not understand it

Voxels =/= Polygons
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:18:36 PM by Domidore66 »

No, not really, they got rid of polygons in exchange for a forgetton of atoms and use those instead.

Anyway, like I said in the Terraria thread;

It's awesome that they claim they found a way to run super detailed games like this on whatever equipment they have, however nobody at home has it.

I personally would love to see video games have this level of detail, it's obviously fascinating. I don't have enough tech knowledge to really see what Notch is saying, but it seems pretty legitimate to me. The presentation did only explain the positives, and I honestly don't know if I'd trust everything about this presentation especially seeing as how they openly said that they have this amazing technology and then supposedly disappeared with it.

It looks great and all but I don't think it's realistic. I'd love to run GTA V with graphics like these, but seeing as how GTA IV looked great anyway, I guess I can live with polygons. It will definitely be interesting and exciting to see what's done with what they currently have. Maybe even next generation arcade machines.

Feel free to point out any of my faults here.

Anyway, like I said in the Terraria thread;

Feel free to point out any of my faults here.
The reason they "dissapeared" is because they continued to work on it. They should a tech demo of their work, proving that their theory is possible, then continued to try to make it better.

No.

The reason they "dissapeared" is because they continued to work on it. They should a tech demo of their work, proving that their theory is possible, then continued to try to make it better.
Their rendering theory is possible (we've known this for long before they came around), but it is not practical for making games.

didnt read the whole kotaku article but i think i got enough. still dont really trust these guys, and they obviously aren't showing any of the flaws of the system, but i have a bit more faith in them now.