Author Topic: Euclideon Island Demo 2011: Say Goodbye to Polygons  (Read 4181 times)

This is actually really bad ass.

O:

i suppose they would have to see how much it takes to run that kind of rendering, then build a system that has enough power.

You are an idiot auuuggh do none of you understand what can be done with this it's not just about loving ROCKS and god damn TREES those are just the examples they're giving ARGH

Also, they posted the video twice for some reason THIS one has a description:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKUuUvDSXk4&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
In the description they plainly state that they have animation but they still haven't proved it so I'll be waiting
i was saying really all it could be used for was scenery research until they figure out animation, also i didnt see that one, aka i didnt know they could animate anything

they still havent proved it though

I can imagine the worst part about this new model system is the precise Physics calculations that may have to come with it. Uhhhgg

He sounds like a massive douche bag.

I really hope this is real and doesn't suck optimization-wise.

I can imagine the worst part about this new model system is the precise Physics calculations that may have to come with it. Uhhhgg
If I'm correct the rendering method in itself actually optimizes collision detection and at the same time makes it pixel perfect, or rather voxel perfect. It has to do with the way everything is stored in an octree.

If I'm correct the rendering method in itself actually optimizes collision detection. It has to do with the way everything is stored in an octree.

it would require alot more than optimization for physics to be anything more than a laughable dream

it would require alot more than optimization for physics to be anything more than a laughable dream
Collision is unified with rendering.

so? our hardware still can't handle a few billion of em bouncing around

The problem with voxels is that it takes so much damn processing power, yeah sure, this video may look intimidating but so far they haven't added any animation or physics. Sure, at this time in age you'll have games with amazing graphics but enjoy your 5 FPS!

You guys are always expecting the worst :o

just wait it out and THEN start complaining.

He is right though, our children will look back at our games and think they were stuff.