Author Topic: Euclideon Island Demo 2011: Say Goodbye to Polygons  (Read 4190 times)

he's not stopping the flow of anything

this technology isn't flowing. it's stagnant. great, they produced a very un-professional tech demo and used big words. get over it. until they show some real substance it's not even worth talking about.

he's not stopping the flow of anything

this technology isn't flowing. it's stagnant. great, they produced a very un-professional tech demo and used big words. get over it. until they show some real substance it's not even worth talking about.
Are you loving kidding me? They've produced a tech demo that demonstrates exactly what it needs to. It's the idea that needs to be shown, technicalities are produced later.

ideas like this are useless until they're put into practice. id bet money nothing will ever come of this in the next 3-5 years.

ideas like this are useless until they're put into practice. id bet money nothing will ever come of this in the next 3-5 years.
No idea is useless. Ideas are the seeds to innovation and you saying otherwise makes you look like a loving moron.

Was reading another thread about this. They haven't proven they can animate on it, or have any kind of physics engine. There may be 'unlimited' detail but forget if it wont lag the stuff out of everything
As I said before, it's quite easy to animate it. The obstacle in animation with this is rotation. Because it runs on an octree, when you attempt to rotate an object it effectively scales it. To combat this you don't actually rotate the voxels, you don't need to, they are the size of your pixels anyway so you wouldn't notice it. Instead you simply transform them to their appropriate positions had you rotated the object.

Physics are even easier.

No idea is useless. Ideas are the seeds to innovation and you saying otherwise makes you look like a loving moron.
ideas like this are useless until they're put into practice.

so shut the forget up. anyone can make a fancy video. yes, the idea is great. however as a consumer i don't give a damn until someone does something with it.

and blaman, if it's so easy then someone would have done it. or will do it. either way i don't care until its done.

Are you loving kidding me? They've produced a tech demo that demonstrates exactly what it needs to. It's the idea that needs to be shown, technicalities are produced later.

I can run around with a camera showing my dog flying but until I can prove there is no strings, no-one is going to believe me.

I'm not saying it couldn't be valid, I'm saying at this point of time it is not a valid step in any direction.

He was making fun of the fact that it lacks graphics, not saying the game sucks because it has bad graphics.
Youre the idiot.
I didn't understand what he was trying to say and was attempting to clarify so I could understand it.
Jesus christ, people.

If there was a game made with this and i could actually handle it with a system

id stare at as much as the landscape as i could, just to take it all in

I can run around with a camera showing my dog flying but until I can prove there is no strings, no-one is going to believe me.

much more eloquent than me ;)

If there was a game made with this and i could actually handle it with a system

id stare at as much as the landscape as i could, just to take it all in
Crysis 2 utilizes un-animated sparse voxel octrees, combined with conventional polygon based models.

This isn't as new as you think;
http://unlimiteddetailtechnology.com/
(I think it might actually be the same guys)

This isn't as new as you think;
http://unlimiteddetailtechnology.com/
(I think it might actually be the same guys)
Pretty sure it's the same guys.

http://unlimiteddetailtechnology.com/contact.html
For Bruce Rober Dell CEO and all general inquiries, please send mail to:

For press releases and updates, please visit the new web site:
www.euclideon.com
Yep.

Heard about this a long time ago.